Gaṇeśa Mantra (Rig Veda)
गणानां त्वा गणपतिं हवामहे कविं कवीनामुपमश्रवस्तमम्।
ज्येष्ठराजं ब्रह्मणां ब्रह्मणस्पत आ नः षृण्वन्नूतिभिः सीद सादनम्॥
gaṇānāṁ tvā gaṇapatiṁ havāmahe kaviṁ kavīnāmupamaśravastamam|
jyeṣṭharājaṁ brahmaṇāṁ brahmaṇaspata ā naḥ ṣṛṇvannūtibhiḥ sīda sādanam||
Translation: O Ganesha, Lord of all seers, praise be to Thee; Thou art Omniscient and the unmatched wisdom of the wise. Thou art the precursor (OM) of all prayers and the Lord of all souls; we pray for Thy guidance for success in all good actions.
ECLIPSES – SOLAR ECLIPSE OF 2021 10th June 2021
PART 1 – AN INTRODUCTION on signification of Eclipses in ALL CULTURES
Mankind has been obsessed with reading the eclipses since times immemorial.
Every culture and civilization have tried through various devices and contraptions to ascertain the movement of heavly bodies and the Luminaries.The Antikythera Mechanism, first discovered in a Roman-era shipwreck by Greek sponge divers in 1900, the fragments of a small sized contraption, with gears etc and has baffled scientists and amazed generations of researchers over its workings.Antikhyera is a highly sophisticated hand-powered gearbox capable of accurately predicting not just the motions of the five planets known to the ancient Greeks, but movement and phases of the moon- The Luminaries as well as tracking the solar and lunar eclipses.(https://spacecentre.co.uk/blog-post/the-antikythera-mechanism-2000-years-on/)
Even in ancient Chinese Civilisation – dating back to 2136 B.C. Emperor Chung K’ang executed his royal astronomers, Hi and Ho, for failing to predict an eclipse!
While the ancient Chinese believed that giant beings—either a dog or a dragon—were eating the sun. Much like the Hindu Astronomical view of Rahu & Ketu – Nodes of the Moon.In fact, the Chinese word for eclipse 去吃 Qù chī, sounding similar and includes the character “shi” means to eat. ( “shi” 日食 Rì shí which means “to eat.” ) .Clearly, the ancient Chinese observed a rhythm in the occurrence of solar eclipses, they believed a dragon was devouring the Sun. Not far off from the view by Varahmihira and other Indian Astronomers, with many references to this. Chinese astrologers wrote of an eclipse occurring more than 4000 years ago.
Even in Europe it is littered with the Stone henges of all kinds. Take one of Britain’s biggest crowd pullers – The Stone Henge in Salisbury, with its inner alignment of the “horseshoe” shape placement of 19 stones at the very heart. It was nothing but a marvellous calculator that could predict lunar eclipse occurrences and read the phases of the Moon. By moving one of Stonehenge’s markers along the 30 markers of the outer circle, it was uncovered that th cycle of the moon can be predicted.
Eclipse before or after and is always a part of giant epicycles ranging from 18 years to thousands of years.
The Eclipses are times of upheaval and tumultuous times and act as trigger points to bring about the promise of certain aspects or combinations in the nativity and World events, whether positive or negative. Irrespective it triggers us on a deep collective level as well as a personal one. Eclipses are turbulent times, and we must follow caution.
No Eclipse should be read on its own, typically it follows a lunar The nature of Lunar eclipse preceding or following has a huge role to play in the how the Solar Eclipse pans out. IS that any surprise? As Rahu-Ketu are the North Node and the South Node of the Moon.
The Vedic view of The Nodes of the Moon is remarkably different to the Western Astrological view.
The Nodes in terms of Modern Depth Psychology, shows us our shadow side, our darker nature buried deep. As per Carl Jung’s lifetime’s work was on the darker or unconscious side of human nature and making it conscious! The Nodes are the wild card, the mischief maker or the joker if you will in the pack and seems to come into their own over eclipse times!
On a personal level, it eggs us on to integrate darker forces or repressed feelings which are very difficult to own up to within our psyche. What you resist will always persist, and it is never more evident than when the Eclipses occur !
On a global scale, it shows the collective unconscious shadow, so issues of scapegoating and victimisation are rife in this Kaliyuga.We have to go into the Puranic cosmological stories, to know what the Sages opined on the Eclipses and the nodes of the Moon. It is closely linked with the Samudra Manthan – The churning of the Ocean Milk to get the Nectar of immortality. For those knowing the significance the Nodes – North Node Rahu & the South node Ketu , please follow the link – Churning of the Ocean floor to give rise to the Birth of Rahu & Ketu.
Birth of Rahu –: In the Puranic story, Simhika, one of the wives of Sage Kashyap, requested her husband for progeny, at an unseasonal hour.Enraged at this untimely request, he gave her a son who was dreadful as the God of Death. He came to be called Rahu. Soon after, Rahu, fought with the sons of other wife of Sage Kashyap, and was denounced. Feeling humiliated by this, he went for severe penance of over 10,000 years in the Himalayas. Upon which Brahma appeared before him to grant a wish! Rahu asked to confer on himself, the status of a planet, immortality, victory over the Gods Devas, and the power to devour the luminaries! (Please see the Samudra Manthan – Churning of the Ocean Floor for Nectar of Immortality Amrita Episode).
Brahma smiled and granted him the wish and said, ‘You will find it hard to digest’ and saying that he vanished. Rahu wanted to test his powers, rushed towards the luminaries, but Lord Vishnu, with his discus cut his head off , and said, : ‘Brahma’s words cannot go in vain, in your respective periods you may devour the two luminaries and thereby indicate good & bad things for the world’.
PART 2 – OCCURANCES OF ECLIPSES, when do they Occur?
Moon is a cold, rocky luminary of about 2,160 miles (3,476 km) in diameter. It has no light of its own but shines by Sun’s reflected light. A solar eclipse occurs whenever the Moon’s shadow passes across Earth’s surface. At least two solar eclipses and as many as five occur every year.The Moon orbits Earth about once every 29 and a half days. As it circles our planet, the changing position of the Moon with respect to the Sun giving us of series of phases (In the Indian Hindu Almanac it is called the Panchanga and the phases of the moon is called the Tithi): These in are called New Moon > New Crescent > First Quarter > Waxing Gibbous > Full Moon > Waning Gibbous > Last Quarter > Old Crescent > New Moon – Thus the Phases are divided up into Waxing Shukla Paksha (By Indian Vedic context) Waning (Krishna Paksha) with distinct New Moon (or NO-Moon called Amavasya) to Full Moon (Purnima 15th Tithi)
Moon’s Two Shadows
An eclipse of the Sun (or solar eclipse) can only occur at New Moon when the Moon passes between Earth and Sun. If the Moon’s shadow happens to fall upon Earth’s surface at that time, we see some portion of the Sun’s disk covered or ‘eclipsed’ by the Moon.
Since New Moon occurs every 29 1/2 days, you might think that we should have a solar eclipse about once a month. Unfortunately, this doesn’t happen because the Moon’s orbit around Earth is tilted 5 degrees to Earth’s orbit around the Sun. Resulting in Moon’s shadow missing as the Moon passes above or below our planet at New Moon.
Approximately twice a year, the geometry lines up just right so that some part of the Moon’s shadow falls on Earth’s surface and an eclipse of the Sun is seen from that region.
Moon’s shadow comprises of two parts :
1 Penumbra – which is Moon’s faint outer shadow and partial eclipses fall under this category. When the Moon’s partial shadow falls on Earth, partial eclipses occur. And they are slightly dangerous to look at as the Sun’s light peeking through is extremely bright and can damage the lenses of the eyes.
- Umbra the Moon’s dark inner shadow is seen through falling on earth thus resulting in total eclipse. The track of the Moon’s umbral shadow across Earth is called the Path of Totality. It is typically 10,000 miles long but only about 100 miles wide. It covers less than 1% of Earth’s entire surface area. Total phase of a solar eclipse is short lived and rarely lasts more than few minutes.
- Ant umbra– The ant umbra is that part of the Moon’s shadow that extends beyond the umbra. It is similar to the penumbra in that the Sun is only partially blocked by the Moon. From within the ant umbra, the Sun appears larger than the Moon which is seen in complete silhouette. t
Annular eclipse – A solar eclipse in which the Moon’s ant umbral shadow traverses Earth (the Moon is too far from Earth to completely cover the Sun). During the maximum phase of an annular eclipse, the Sun appears as a blindingly bright ring surrounding the Moon.
Partial eclipse – A Solar eclipse in which the Moon’s penumbral shadow traverses Earth (umbral and ant umbral shadows completely miss Earth). During a partial eclipse, the Moon appears to block part (but not all) of the Sun’s disk.
From the prospective of an individual observer, a partial eclipse is one in which the observer is within the penumbral shadow but outside the path of the umbral or ant umbral shadows. If the New Moon occurs between 9 degrees and 11 degrees of the North Node of the Moon, then the eclipse can be total.
Yet it has been a subject of most intrigue and awe-inspiring spectacles in our Universe.
PART 3 – ASTRONOMY OF ECLIPSES & SAROS CYCLES
Astrologers view eclipses as wild cards, and by and large most people view Eclipses as ominous times. Yet there is a definite pattern that are part of large ‘Epicycles’ that spans over thousands of years. These cycles fall under ‘family’ of patterns that have a definitive middle, ending and beginning times.
We seem to view eclipses as random and get overly focused on the specific’s signs etc it occurs. Yet if we were to expand our vision and view and see it as part of large cycles that are not random but follow certain degrees in the Zodiac.
The periodicity and recurrence of solar eclipses is governed by the Saros cycle, a period of approximately 6,585.3 days (18 years 11 days 8 hours). (This is the Vimshottari Dasha System of Rahu – North Node of the Moon and is the transit of Rahu to round the Zodiac).
When two eclipses are separated by a period of one Saros, they share a very similar geometry. The two eclipses occur at the same node with the Moon at nearly the same distance from Earth and the same time of year due to a harmonic in three cycles of the Moon’s orbit. Thus, the Saros is useful for organizing eclipses into families or series.
Each series typically lasts 12 to 13 centuries and contains 70 or more eclipses. Every Saros series begins with a number of partial eclipses near one of Earth’s polar regions. The series will then produce several dozen central eclipses before ending with a group of partial eclipses near the opposite pole. The beginning of a Series may begin at a certain point in the zodiac and then it leapfrogs to by 10 degrees from the previous degree. Thus, each eclipse occurs about 10 degrees further along the zodiac.
After about 160 years, it will be around and covered the quarter of the zodiac or a quadrant of the chart- so let’s say if it began on the Ascendant, then it will be at the 4th house – IC and still partial eclipses. By the time the series is 360 degrees it is still producing partial eclipses.
When it is 480 years old the Eclipses start to become total and begin to occur around Midheaven. And eventually after 640 years it will start producing total eclipses and around the same degrees at which it started in 1280 years. Then it continues leapfrogging to eventually wind up to be further along 640 years, which will be exact degree to the nodal axis it began. This is an immensely powerful amongst the saros series, as it has completed and come back to its original degree after leapfrogging around the zodiac!
So, in a whole cycle of Saros Series – it starts, (birth), matures through the way and dies at the same place of birth!
For example our current one is The June 10th, 2021, belongs to Saros 147,
(References – Excerpts from Saros 147 Catalogue of Solar Eclipses of Saros 147 Fred Espenak & The Eagle and the Lark by Bernadette Brady)
|Calendar Date||TD of Greatest Eclipse||Eclipse Type||Saros Series||Eclipse Magnitude||Central Duration||Geographic Region of Eclipse Visibility|
|(Link to Global Map)||(Link to Animation)||(Link to Google Map)||(Link to Saros)||(Link to Path Table)|
|2021 Jun 10||10:43:06||Annular||147||0.943||03m51s||America, Europe, Asia
[Annular: n Canada, Greenland, Russia]
CataLogue of Solar Eclipses of Saros 147- June 10th 2021
The table below lists the concise characteristics of every solar eclipse belonging to Saros 147 . The Annular Solar Eclipse of 2021 Jun 10 is visible from the following geographic regions:
Partial Eclipse: North
- America, Europe, Asia
- Annular Eclipse: north Canada, Greenland, Russia
The map to the right depicts the geographic regions of eclipse visibility.
The eclipse belongs to Saros 147 and is number 23 of 80 eclipses in the series. All eclipses in this series occur at the Moon’s ascending node. The Moon moves southward with respect to the node with each succeeding eclipse in the series and gamma decreases.
The annular solar eclipse of 2021 Jun 10 is preceded two weeks earlier by a total lunar eclipse on 2021 May 26. The starting date of this family is unclear, but it is SS 5 NORTH that is originating in the Northern Hemisphere first spotted October 12, 1624, 9:08 GMT North Pole and ends on 2868.
As per Bernadette Brady summing up regards this eclipse – A very unusual Saros Series involving sudden flashes of ideas that seem to have a psychic or unconscious flavour to them. Hunches, visions, prophetic dreams psychical abilities are all part of this family of Eclipses. A truly creative series which should leave the Individual enriched and hunches and innate intuitions need to be followed. Commentary: This is indeed where we are moving towards as certain part of world population intuit something is amiss regards what the Governments of various countries are ‘almost’ turning into nannying people. There is needless to say more and more uprising amongst oppositions and going for causes that make people feel ‘in their tribe’ and connected! The more Government lays down rules and regulations, greater will be the unrest and turmoil amongst people and more inclined they will be to protest and adopt a more off the grid lifestyle with their own currencies to sustenance methods.
PART 5 -TYPE OF ECLIPSE
Solar and lunar eclipses are of 10 kinds, and they are technically known as
(01) Savya, if eclipse should commence on the left side of the disc, it is technically known as Savyagrasa; Earth will then be flooded with water and there will be joy and freedom from fear.
(02) Apasavya, if it should commence on the right side of disc, it is technically known as Apasavyagrasa; mankind will suffer from their rulers and from robbers.
(03) Lehana : If solar or lunar disc should be just dimmed by darkness all round which disappears immediately, eclipse is technically known as Lehana (licking).Suffiecient rays that it gives a ‘licking’ effect. Sufficient rains will ensue with all-round happiness and well-being is assured.
(04) Grasana : If a third, or a fourth, or 1/2 of the disc should be eclipsed, it is technically known as Grasana (seizing with the mouth) Grasa – partial eclipse; the wealth of prosperous princes and nation will suffer diminution and prosperous countries will be afflicted with calamities, as in going into recession etc.
(05) Nirodha, Obstruction, quite opaque & Total, if eclipse should, commencing at the edge, travel inwards and remain there for a time of the shape of a dark ball, it is technically known as Nirodha (blocking up) Grasa; all creatures will be happy.
(06) Avamardana: Crushing- Total eclipse of long duration, if eclipse should be a total one and continue so for a time, it is known as Avamardana (tormenting) The current leader/ chief provinces will suffer and the (then) chief rulers will be afflicted with miseries. Hence inauspicious.
(07) Aroha, if immediately after the termination of eclipse, the disc should be re-eclipsed by comets or meteors, it is technically known as Arohana (climbing) the princes will be at war and there will be fear in the land.
(08) Agrhata : Smelting , shadow is partially transparent and appears as a layer of dust over the luminary. Very good omen and promises rain and good crops.
(09) Madhyatama : annular eclipse, Central darkness , If the middle of eclipsed disc should be dark while disc continues bright all round, eclipse is known as Madhyatama (centrally dark).
Central provinces of India will be afflicted with miseries. Mankind will suffer from stomach pain and there will be fear in the land.
June 10th, 2021, Annular eclipse – Latin annulus, meaning “ring.” At mid-eclipse, a ring of the Sun’s disk is still visible around the Moon. Hence called the ring of fire!
(10) Tamontya : If all round the disc, darkness be thick, and in the middle, it be slight, eclipse is technically known as Antyatama (terminally dark) Grasa; crops will be injured and mankind will suffer from robbers.
Pandit Sanjay Rath – srath.com; Jyotisha Digest 2003 on Eclipses & Brihat Samhita of Varaha Mihira
PART 6 Check the Zodiac Sign (Rashi) the Eclipse it is occurring:
Thus the Solar Eclipse in June is in Sign of Taurus (25 degrees of Taurus in Nakshatra of Mrigashirsha pada section 1.
So, the following results ensue, as per Brhat Samhita States If Surya Sun or Chandr Moon should be eclipsed when in Vrishabha, Taurus shepherds, cows, their owners and eminent men will suffer miseries.
Take the example of Dec 4 2002 Eclipses.
SOLAR ECLIPSE – Dec 4th 2002 belongs to Saros series 142 & it was a total eclipse of the Sun occurred on Wednesday 4 December, 2002 UT, lasting from 04:51–10:11 UT. (Chart Below)
If while the moon is eclipsed, she be crossed by the fall of a meteor, that prince will die in the star of whose nativity the moon then happens to be.
Headline in Newspapers were Spalshed in April 2003- Just under 4 months after the Dec 2002 Eclipse in Jyestha in Scorpio
U.S. troops capture Baghdad; Iraqi President and Dictator Saddam Hussein – Saddam Hussein’s regime falls two days later.
On April 9, 2003, just three weeks into the invasion of Iraq, U.S. forces pull down a bronze statue of Saddam Hussein in Baghdad’s Firdos Square, symbolizing the end of the Iraqi president’s long, often brutal reign, and a major early victory for the United States.Dramatic images of the toppled statue and celebrating citizens were instantly beamed around the world. With Hussein in hiding and much of the city now under U.S. control, the day’s events later became known as the Fall of Baghdad.“Saddam Hussein is now taking his rightful place alongside Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Ceausescu in the pantheon of failed brutal dictators, and the Iraqi people are well on their way to freedom,”
then-Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld said in a Pentagon briefing.
The Dec 2020 Solar Eclipse was also in Jyestha – and belongs to the the same family of Saros as 2002 – Saros 142. It became obvious in December that Donal Trump will have to forsake and leave the presidency! He has his Moon in Jyestha pada 2.
PART 7 – #3 From Brhat Samhita, when the planets conjoining Sun-Moon have importance. Here we have Budh, Mercury conjoining the Solar Eclipse.
(65) If Budh Mercury should be so eclipsed, men living between Ganges and Jamuna, on the banks of Sarayu and in the country of Nepal, those living about the East Sea and on the banks of Sonne will suffer and women, princes, soldier boys (Military, army, Special task forces?) and men of letters (Literary people studying subjects like occult, mysticism, intellectuals, Authors, etc) will perish. Yet there is a parivartana – exchange between Venus and Mercury, thus ensuing for change of circumstances as well as given that Mercury is retrograde, is very powerful and has three times strength!
PART 8 Checking the Lunar Month
If eclipses should fall in lunar month of Jyaishta, then Brahmins, queens of the reigning sovereign, crops, rain, large gatherings of men, (what are the chances of that in a Pandemic!?) beautiful persons, Salpas and Nishadas will suffer.
- If there should be both lunar and solar eclipses in one month, princes will suffer both from dissensions among their own army and from wars.
Checking to see which comes first the Lunar Eclipse or the Solar one.
In our case it is the Lunar eclipse happened this year on May 26th and then two weeks later June 10th, 2021.
References Brhat Samhita Chapter 5 – On the course of Rāhu rāhu-cāra
From (97) If on new Moon Day immediately succeeding a lunar eclipse, there should occur a solar eclipse, there will be dissensions among men and discord between husbands and wives.
(98) lf, on contrary, there should occur a lunar eclipse on full Moon Day immediately succeeding a solar eclipse, Brahmins will perform various sacrificial rites and mankind will be happy.
Sanjay Rath’s research: Since Varāhamihira states that this rule affects people, how it will affect individual people can be studied from their natal charts as well. For those people where the eclipse is occurring in the same nakṣatra (or rāśi) as natal Sun, the above rules would imply that the occurrence of two consecutive eclipses (one solar and the other lunar) would set them on either a new path of
(a) separative influences causing fighting, unrest and disturbances if the lunar eclipse precedes the solar eclipse or
(b) spiritual growth, happiness and contentment if the lunar eclipse succeeds the solar eclipse.
Take the Eclipse of 2003
WHICH NAKSHATRA is the Solar Eclipse? Margashirsha in Taurus : People with Sun in Mrigashira or Lagna in Mrigashira will have health issues. Exercise caution and ensure you take extra care!
As per research by Pandit Sanjay Rath’s(Vedanga Jyotisha Guru of ours), the Nakshatra of the natal Sun Surya & the Nakshatra of the Eclipse should Match to have serious life changing impact with that eclipse. If they do, even if the degrees vary, it will bring about huge changes in their life direction.
Which Ayana ? If the Eclipse happens in the Uttarayana Northward March of Sun (14th Jan to 15th July) or Dakshin Ayana Southward March of Sun (15th July to 14th Jan)
Here the eclipse is in Uttarayaana – June 2021 – Hence Brahmins/Priests, Advisors, Intellectual and literary community, Fighters, Corporate people, fighting community like police task forces, FBI, CBI etc will suffer.
While if it is later, Dakshin Ayan, the business community and working-class people – labourers etc will suffer.
- If Mercury should be so eclipsed, men living between the Ganges and the Yamunā, on the banks of the Sarayū and in the country of Nepāla, those living about the east sea and on the banks of the Śoṇa will suffer and women, princes, soldier boys and men of letters (Literary Men- information and Journalism, writers etc) will perish.
After parivartana – exchange between Mercury and Venus.
- If Venus should be so eclipsed, the people of Dāśeraka, of Kaikaya, of Yaudheya and of Āryāvarta and the Śibīs will suffer; women and ministers will be afflicted with miseries.
- If the eclipses should fall in the lunar month of Vaiśākha, cotton, gingelly and beans will be injured; the Ikṣvākus, the Yaudheyas, the Śakas and the Kaliṅgas (Land of Sun – Government, Royalty, corporate Heads etc) will suffer; but there will be prosperity over the land.
- Lunar and solar eclipses terminate in ten ways technically known as—1. Dakṣiṇa hanu, 2, Vāma hanu, 3. Dakṣiṇa kukṣi, 4. Vāma kukṣi, 5. Dakṣiṇa pāyu, 6. Vāma pāyu, 7, Sañchardana, 8. Jaraṇa, 9. Madhvavidaraṇa, 10. Antavidaraṇa.
- If the lunar eclipse should terminate at the south-eastern point of the disc, the termination is technically known as dakṣiṇa-hanu (right jaw): crops will perish; facial disease will afflict mankind; princes will suffer; and there will be good rain.
- If the lunar eclipse should terminate at the north-eastern point of the disc, the termination is known as vāma-hanu (left jaw): the king’s son will be afflicted with fears; there will be facial disease and wars, but prosperity over the whole land.
- If the lunar eclipse should terminate at the southern point of the disc, the termination is known as dakṣiṇa-kukṣi (right abdomen): the king’s son will suffer and the enemies in the south may then be defeated in wars.
- If the lunar eclipse should terminate at the northern point of the disc, the termination is techincally known as vāma-kukṣi (left abdomen): pregnant women will miscarry, and crops will suffer to some extent.
- If the lunar eclipse should terminate at the south-western and north-western points of the disc, the terminations are known as dakṣiṇa-pāyu (right anus) and vāma-pāyu (left anus) respectively: there will be diseases of the genital organs in the case of both terminations and the Queens of reigning sovereigns will suffer in the case of the latter.
- If the lunar eclipse should commence and terminate at the eastern point of the disc,the termination is known as sañchardana (vomiting): there will be prosperity and joy in the land and food crops will flourish.
- If the lunar eclipse should commence at the eastern point and terminate at the western point of the disc, the termination is known as jaraṇa (decaying): mankind will be afflicted with hunger and with wars: where then will they go for protection?
- If the middle of the eclipsed disc should first begin to clear, the termination is known as madhyavidaraṇa (central opening): there will be anger at heart and prosperity over the land but not much rain.
- If the edge should first begin to clear all round, while there is darkness in the centre, the termination is known as antavidaraṇa (terminal opening): Madhyadeśa or Central Provinces will suffer, and the crops of Śarat will be injured.
PART 14 Directions of the eclipse
4.1: If the eclipse is seen (visible) in the four cardinal directions, then the four classes of people Brahmin North
Kṣatriya East ; Vaiśya West ; Śūdra South shall suffer.
4.2: If instead, the eclipse is seen in the corners, then for Northeast – mleccha, Southeast – attacking army, Southwest – Engineers, fire users and Northwest – skilled workers shall suffer.
There are two kinds of directions used in jyotiṣa – (1) the directions of the signs with the two alternatives of
(a) triplicity: where fire signs indicate east, water signs indicate north, air signs indicate west and earth signs indicate the south, directions. For our current the annular eclipse of June 10 th 2021 occur in Taurus. If we were to use the direction indicated by the sign, then this will indicate the south as in triplicity as Capricorn is South or East which is a natural for all parts of the world.
Varāhamihira is referring to the second method of determining the direction based on houses. If it were not so, then the results would be the same for all parts of the world.
(b) natural directions where Aries & Taurus are East,Gemini in North East, Cancer & Leo is North.
(2) the directions of the Houses Bhavas based on the individual Lagna woul be indicating East, 10th house indicating South, 4th House indicative of North – (Kuber/Money finances), west is 7th house.
The Lagna in UK chart is Leo, (See chart above) So the eclipse is taking place in 4th 10th Axis. Hence South Direction
WHO SUFFERS depending on the DIRECTION?
NORTH – Catte ; EAST – Floods Torment all terrestial life ;WEST – Husbandmen, servants, labour , seeds vegetation, and saplings * SOUTH – Aquatic creatures, Elephants .
PART 15 – The TIMING AND NATURE OF THE eclipse of 10 Jun 2021
An eclipse, whether visible or not, affects the entire world.
- The length of the day or night duration is divided into seven parts.
The indications of the seven portions are –
(1) Engineers, people whose work uses fire like goldsmiths, Brahmins, priests agni-hotri, hermits.
(2) Agriculturists, heretics, traders, warrior class and army chiefs.
(3) Artisans, artists, çüdras (cleaners etc), mleccha (including foreign visitors /dignitaries) and ministers.
(4) The king (head of state); region – middle portion/region of the country.
(5) Herbivorous animals, harems, ministers, vaiçyas (merchant class, business).
(6) Women and çüdras.
(7) Robbers, rogues; region – the country border.
The timing used in this calculation is the ‘actual astronomical occurrence’ and not local visibility.
For example, even though not visible in a certain country yet it shall affect based on the rule given above.
(refrences Pandit Sanjay Rath from Jyotish Digest 2003 Eclipses)
Determine the part of the day/night when.
(a) The Eclipse Start
(b) Reaches its peak or greatest eclipse
(c) Concluding – ending of the Eclipse i.e., shadow leaves the earth.
The class of people, places and things indicated by the portion shall accordingly (a) Suffer, (b) be Destroyed and (c) Benefit, respectively.
Max View in London
|Global Event:||Annular Solar Eclipse|
|Local Type:||Partial Solar Eclipse, in London|
|Begins:||Thu, 10 Jun 2021, 10:08|
|Maximum:||Thu, 10 Jun 2021, 11:13 0.316 Magnitude|
|Ends:||Thu, 10 Jun 2021, 12:22|
|Duration:||2 hours, 14 minutes|
SUNRISE IN UK – 4:44 am ;SUNSET 9:14 pm So the number of hours from sunrise to sunset is 17 hours and 30 mins. 7 parts
equals approximately 150 minutes. = 2.5 hours. The End times for 7 parts are as follows : Part 1 7:14 am, Part 2 – 9:45;
Part 3 – 12:15 pm ; Part 4 – 2:45 pm
|Event||UTC Time||Time in London*|
|First location to see the partial eclipse begin||10 Jun, 08:12:20||10 Jun, 09:12:20||Second
|First location to see the full eclipse begin||10 Jun, 09:49:50||10 Jun, 10:49:50|
|Maximum Eclipse||10 Jun, 10:41:54||10 Jun, 11:41:54||Third portion|
|Last location to see the full eclipse end||10 Jun, 11:33:43||10 Jun, 12:33:43|
|Last location to see the partial eclipse end||10 Jun, 13:11:19||10 Jun, 14:11:19||4th Part|
(2) Agriculturists, heretics, traders, warrior class and army chiefs – will Suffer
Commentary – That is inevitable – Food and grain shortages is one of the main problems going to ioccur – especially as trading across boundaries becomes a problem becoz of pandemic restrictions etc.
Third portion – they will be ‘destroyed’ Artisans, artists, cleaners, mlechha,foreign dignitaries and Ministers
(4) The king (head of state); region – middle portion/region of the country will benefit! In the UK Chart the Sun is in digbala – Lord Indra is bestowing blessings – and is also the Lgna lord with Atmakaraka King of the Chart, in a powerful exchange with Venus – Thus bringing out of the zero partile caizimi combustion of Mercury! Does that mean Boris will continue to have interferences from his wife Carrie (Venus) in the running of the Administration ? Or would it mean more powerful women coming into his cabinet?
USA & INDIA – COming soon..
PART 16 WHO WILL BE MOST AFFECTED?
In lunar eclipses those persons will suffer in the sign of whose nativity in which the Sun was, the moon happens to be eclipsed.
Again, if an eclipse should occur in the sign in which the Sun was in one’s nativity, then the persons on his father’s side will suffer; if in the sign in which the Moon was in one’s nativity then the persons on his mother’s side will suffer.
Again, that person will also suffer in whose Lagna Ascendant or Nakṣatra the Sun, or Moon is eclipsed.
If the eclipse should occur in the 19th constellation from that in which the moon was in one’s nativity the person will be afflicted with miseries. So, the Nakshtra where Mrigashirsha is the 19th constellation is Chitra Nakshatra. People having Moon in Chitra in Libra-Virgo will be heavily affected.
|14||Citrā (चित्रा)||23°20′ Virgo – 6°40′ Libra||Mars|
Sun is in Chitra from 10th October to 23rd October
THINGS TO DO ON THE ECLIPSE
As per Brhat Samhita –
if he should fail to perform the requisite expiatory rites: it therefore behoves a person to avert the evil effects of an eclipse by gifts, by fire ceremonies, by worship of the Devas, by japa and by (eclipse) ceremonial ablutions.
Meditations, and deep Mantra Chant and Sound Meditation during eclipse is 1000 times more powerful than at regular times. No wonder because eclipse time is conducive to mind aligning with soul and that is after all the key to success in meditation!
If there is a wish in mind and it is reasonably spiritual and more in keeping with a pursuit of knowledge and improving your lot in life, it is not a bad idea to take a specific sankalpa and get it fulfilled.
There is no use in having a desire and pretending to be desireless. But, even as one fulfills desires, one should attempt to overcome desires. WHAT YOU RESIST WILL PERSIST!
Of course, one can just meditate without a sankalpa also. Focus the mind on the sound of the mantra or the imagery associated with a deity or a conceptual understanding of a deity (or whatever is natural for you) and try to forget the surroundings, the body and other regular pre-occupations of the mind. The chance of success in forgetting other things and achieving resonance with Mantra is maximum over an eclipse
- Do NOT eat left over cooked foods during or after Eclipse
- Do Take a shower before and After and during the Eclipse is on
- Find a Water body such as lakes, by the sea and ensure you have contact with water.
SOME DO’s & DON’Ts
An eclipse is a highly potent time in Hindu Dharma Shastra. Any activity or offerings made during the Eclipse it multiplies and sees multifold benefits. A good deed you do will multiply by many times. This is the best time to earn and multiply your Punya (merits) in your spiritual karmic account.
These are Snana (Bath beginning of eclipse), Japa (mantra chanting), Tarpana (oblations to ancestors) and Danam Charitable donations in form of nominal amount to institutions etc.
At least TWICE bath is mandatory.
MOST IMPORTANT – DIET RESTRICTIONS
Leftovers, discarded food, food kept in the fridge and consumed the next day is prohibited! No cooking should be done.
Question arises for about certain food items which we keep for days of months. Like pickle, Ghee, butter, milk, rice etc. On these items you should put 2-3 Durvra grass/kusha/tulsi to protect it from the negative effects of the eclipse and you can use them, and they need not be thrown.
WHAT’S THE WAY OUT ?
Eclipses are great times for starting the spiritual meditative chants or even a home ceremony with a sankalapa – resolve of will to hone in on the issues that you have been pre-occupied by and go towards conflict resolution. If done in an empowered way, it is guaranteed to yeild results!
As per Brhat Samhita :-
It may be some relief to the monotony of what has preceded to append here a description of certain ceremonies for the expiation of evil effects of eclipses. In lunar eclipses those persons will suffer in Rasi of whose nativity in which Surya Sun & Moon Chandra happens to be eclipsed.
Again that person will also suffer in whose Lagna or Nakshatra Surya Sun or Chandra Moon is eclipsed.
it therefore behoves a person to avert evil effects of an eclipse by gifts, by fire ceremonies, by worship of Devas, by Japa and by (eclipse) ceremonial ablutions.
PLEASE NOTE : For people who cannot afford this sort of remedy, just chanting the Mrityunjaya Mantra is suffiicient.
Another Mantra by Pandit Sanjay Rath is a Vishnu Mantra, as below :
He should get a serpent made of gold or flour and present it to Brahmins on the day of eclipse. He shall then recite Mrityunjaya and other well known Mantras. As all Devas are present on the occasion of an eclipse, Mantras or Japas ought not to be recited or performed while eclipse progresses but only when eclipse begins to decline and terminate, though, during the former period new Mantras may be learnt.
As regards the ablutions above referred to, we quote from Matsyapurana: That person, in Lagna of whose nativity an eclipse occurs, ought to bathe in the water purified nd chant the mantra while bathing.
JAPA- MANTRA CHANT & LISTENING
All people who have been initiated into the Gayatri Mantra can use this time for japa (repetition) of Gayatri Mantra. For all others, inititation by a Guru in a particular moola mantra, you should repeat it as much as possible. If no particular one is given the below ones, are very powerful way of harnessing the energy of the eclipses.
दक्षिणामूर्ति ((Dakṣiṇāmūrti)) is an aspect of Shiva as a guru (teacher) of all types of knowledge and bestower of jnana. This aspect of Shiva is his personification as the supreme or the ultimate conscious awareness, understanding and supreme knowledge.
Om namo Bhagavate Dakshinamorrthiye
During Surya Grahana all of us will get an impurity which is 12 hours before the the Grahana occurs. So from this time, that is 12 hours before, Refrain from eating anything, and you should remain fasting till it ends. For the elderly, sick, children, people on medication pregnant women there is a relaxation given some leeway.
Dakshinamurti Mantra for illuminating Mind with Knowledge and Focus
ॐ दक्षिणामुर्ति रत रोम। om dakṣiṇāmurti rata roma |
ॐ आप्यायन्तु ममाङ्गानि वाक्प्राणश्चक्षुः
श्रोत्रमथो बलमिन्द्रियाणि च सर्वाणि ।
माऽहं ब्रह्म निराकुर्यां मा मा ब्रह्म
निराकरोदनिराकरणमस्त्वनिराकरणं मेऽस्तु ।
तदात्मनि निरते य
उपनिषत्सु धर्मास्ते मयि सन्तु ते मयि सन्तु ।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥
oṃ āpyāyantu mamāṅgāni vākprāṇaścakṣuḥ
śrotramatho balamindriyāṇi ca sarvāṇi |
mā’haṃ brahma nirākuryāṃ mā mā brahma
nirākarodanirākaraṇamastvanirākaraṇaṃ me’stu |
tadātmani nirate ya
upaniṣatsu dharmāste mayi santu te mayi santu |
oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ ||
May my limbs, speech, vital breath,eyes, ears, as also my strength and all the senses grow vigorous.All this is the Absolute (Brahman) referered to in the Upanishads.May I never negate the absolute. May the absolute never negate me.May there be no negating.May there be no negating in me.Let those basic tenets enunciated in the Upanishads, rest in the Self.
Let them be in Me. Aum Peace! Peace! Peace!