The Nakshatras Lunar Mansions – Fixed Stars -Fixed Star Constellations
गणानां त्वा गणपतिं हवामहे कविं कवीनामुपमश्रवस्तमम्
ज्येष्ठराजं ब्रह्मणां ब्रह्मणस्पत आ नः षृण्वन्नूतिभिः सीद सादनम्॥१
gaṇānāṁ tvā gaṇapatiṁ havāmahe kaviṁ kavīnāmupamaśravastamam
jyeṣṭharājaṁ brahmaṇāṁ brahmaṇaspata ā naḥ ṣṛṇvannūtibhiḥ sīda sādanam||1
O! Ganesha, Lord of all seers, praise be to Thee; Thou art Omniscient and the unmatched wisdom of the wise. Thou art the precursor (Om) of all prayer and the Lord of all souls; we pray for Thy guidance for success in all good actions.
Ṛig Veda Mandala 2 Hymn 24.01
Nakshatras : Protect Sounds and Qualities of your Soul & Psyche
The Vedas,Vedanta is among the earliest known literature of Indo-Aryan civilization, which hails from ancient India. Composed in Sanskrit, its origins are considered apauserya meaning “not of human agency”. While this might seem extraordinary, you should be aware that this knowledge was originally imparted aurally from the cosmos. The ancient seers or rishis ‘heard’ this divine cosmic knowledge. RigVeda, part of the Vedas, is one of the oldest texts in any Indo-European language and dates back to 1500 BC – 1000 BC. Some scholars even date it as early as 12000 BC – 4000 BC. Most of the Astrological teachings of the period hail from the Rig Veda.
Vedāṅga Jyotiṣa, in Sanskrit (popularly known as Vedic Astrology), its etymological meaning is giving the light of knowledge from the Sun. Literally to become illuminated by the light of the Sun by gaining foresight.Indeed, the vision of the Sun God Savitur is the power to see beyond what is.
Our Earth resides in a spiral galaxy called the Milky Way. The planets in the Solar System, which, of course, includes Earth, orbit the Galactic centre from the edge of the Milky Way. We are approximately 28,000 light years away from the centre of the Galactic.
There are billions of Stars in the Milky way and many more beyond. The Nakshatras or the fixed star constellations in the sky belong to the family of the Seven Seers Rishis called the Saptarishi which are the seven stars of the big dipper in the Ursa Major constellation.
Ancient Indian Vedic text mapped the planets in the solar system to the Sages that are keeper of the Stars beyond the milky way. Roughly speaking the core seven seers hold the entire cosmic Vedic knowledge for the betterment and progress of humanity.
|#Seven Seers Sages
|John Bayer Scheme|
|Narada||Lap||Ketu (South Node)||Grasp|
|Daksa||Toe||Rahu (North Node||Illusion|
|Dhruva||Polaris Fixed Star – Seat of the Meditator
Credit : Pandit Sanjay Rath from Brhat Nakshatra
Credit : Pandit Sanjay Rath from Brhat Nakshatra
The ancient Sages/Seers used Nakshatras as a way of time keeping, according to the motion of the moon. The Hindu Astrology popularly known as Vedic Astrology uses the sidereal zodiac which is derived from the Nakshatras or the Fixed Star Constellations.A list of 27 stars called the Nakshatras or Asterisms or Star Constellations form the backbone of Jyotisha.
The Sages viewed the Moon – along with the rest of the planets and their sojourn through each of these Star constellations – as central to the understanding of time
As viewed from Earth, the Moon takes 27.3217 days to travel across the entire zodiac. This journey, in Indian Astrology, equates to one sidereal month. So, each of these lunar days translates into the sky being divided into 27 constellations, called the Nakshatras.The Zodiac, with its twelve signs, is superimposed over the 27 Nakshatras. Each Nakshatra equates to 13 degrees and 20 minutes of the sky. Each Zodiac sign equals 30 degrees of a particular sign, covering about two Nakshatras and a small portion of the next one. Thus, stars are akin to time segments on a clock of 27 units through which hands of time pass (the moon or other planets).
These various Star Constellations or Nakshatras are a far more sophisticated and refined interpretation of the commonly known twelve signs of the Zodiac.Consequently, when the Sun or the Moon or any other planets pass through any of these star constellations, they have a clear, well-defined meaning and a deeply rich significance.
Each of these Constellations have certain characteristics and natures, unique myths and deities associated with every one of them.
Traditionally, in India, new-born children are named as per the sounds of the Nakshatra their Moon sign lies in. This process is described in detail below but in essence, the deity has a mantra and a ‘seed sound’ (Beej Aksara) associated with it. Hence, to chant the names of the deity, meditate upon the sound and choose names based on the seed sounds is highly beneficial in all realms of life.
Meditation on these sounds causes health and longevity as there is a very high power of rejuvenation to these sounds.The Moon Nakshatra at birth is deeply linked to our soul level and is responsible for keeping us alive and well. Furthermore, your Sun sign, Moon sign and the Ascendant or rising sign in a particular Nakshatra, will take on specific characteristics of that Nakshatra.
Finding the Right Sound for you
To find your Moon Nakshatra, Sun as well as your Ascendant Nakshatra please visit https://www.circleofdivineastrology.com/your-planets/)
It will be one of the 27 Nakshatras. Read the sound for that Nakshatra and add ‘AM’ to it. For instance, if your Moon Nakshatra is Punarvasu, sounds associated with it are ओ (o) and औ (au). So, adding, ‘Am’ to those sounds we get Om and Aum.
Punarvasu ओ (o), औ (au) + ‘Am’ = Om, Aum.
That sound Om, Aum will provide untold benefits for your wellbeing and will guide you when you fall into rough times.
It can be combined with pranayama or on its own taking a few minutes off a stressful day. Better still to incorporate these sounds with your early morning meditation.
Below are the List of all 27 Nakshatras or Fixed Stars in Sequential order
|1||Aśvinī (अश्विनी)||Degrees: 0 – 13°20′ Aries||Ruling Planet: Ketu|
Sun is in Aśvinī from 13th to 27th April
Deity: Ashwin Kumars
Symbol: horse’s head
Shakti: power to reach things quickly
Ashwini people are fond of decorating themselves, handsome, well formed, famous, well-known, good-conduct and generally happy. Talented and dexterous, they are ruled by Ashwin Kumars, who are the natural healers.
ॐ अश्विभ्यां नम: । om̐ aśvibhyāṁ nama:
Sounds: अ A and आ Aa.
|2||Bharaṇī (भरणी)||13°20′ – 26°40′ Aries||Venus|
Sun is in Bharaṇī 27 April to 11th May
Deity: Yama, the god of death
Symbol: female womb, symbol of creativity
Shakti: power to take things and negativity away
Determined, resolute, sincere, talented, delighting in another’s wife, cruel, possessing riches, exhausted.
Mantra ॐयमाय नमः। oṃ yamāya namaḥ|
Sound इ i
|3||Kṛttikā (कृत्तिका)||26°40′ Aries – 10°00′ Taurus||Sun|
Sun is in Kritika (11th May to 25th May)
Deity: Agni, the god of fire
Symbol: a razor or sharp blade
Shakti: to burn
Kritika, like a knife, a razor that is symbolic of your sign, you may need to cut and slice through the negative issues. Eats a lot, enjoys themselves, energetic, productive, dignified, brilliant, tendency to go with another’s wife.
ॐ अग्नये नम: । oṃ agnaye nama: |
|4||Rohiṇī (रोहिणी)||10°00′ – 23°20′ Taurus|
Sun is in Rohini from (25th May to 8th June)
Deity: Brahma, Prajapati, lord of creation
Symbol: an ox cart
Shakti: creative growth, virtuous, clean, stubborn, persevering, handsome, good-form, illuminated, desires and enjoys other’s spouses
ॐ ब्रह्मणे नम: । oṃ brahmaṇe nama: |
|5||Mṛgaśiras (मृगशिरा)||23°20′ Taurus – 6°40′ Gemini||Mars|
Sun is in Mrigashira (8th June to 21st June)
Deity: Soma, god of immortality
Symbol: Deer’s head
Shakti: The power to give fulfilment
Friendly disposition, enjoyment of life’s comforts, crooked, timid, clever speaker, wealthy, powerful
ॐ चन्द्रमसे नम: । oṃ candramase nama: |
|6||Ārdrā (आर्द्रा)||6°40′ – 20°00′ Gemini||Rahu|
Sun is in Ardra (21st June to 5th July)
Deity: Rudra, the storm-god
Symbol: a teardrop, thunderstorms
Shakti: The power of effort and destroying things.
Abundant strength, false, fickle, well-known, proud, passionate, cruel, hurtful, ungrateful, having many vices, sinful.
ॐ रुद्राय नम: । oṃ rudrāya nama: |
Sound ऐ (ai)
|7||Punarvasu (पुनर्वसु)||20°00′ Gemini – 3°20′ Cancer||Jupiter|
Sun is in Punarvasu (5th July to 19th July)
Deity: Aditi, mother of the devas Gods
Symbol: A quiver of arrows
Shakti: the power of wealth or substance, Patient, self-controlled, happy, good natured, sickly, thristy, easily pleased, simple, strong wealth, well-known, poet, lover, lustful, repeating and perfecting
ॐ अदित्यैनम: ।। oṃ adityainama: ||
Sounds ओ (o) औ (au)
|8||Puṣya (पुष्य)||3°20′ – 16°40′ Cancer||Saturn|
Sun is in Pushya from 19th July to 2nd August
Deity: Brihaspati, teacher of the devas (divine beings, gods)
Symbol: udder of a cow
Shakti: the power to create spiritual energy, great nourisher and provider of the Stars, tranquil minded, fortunate, fond of Gods and Spiritual people, wealthy with all that goes with the wealth, enjoys benefits from the Government, surrounded by their relations
Fixed in their Dharma (righteous path)
Mantra ॐ बृहस्पतये नम: om̐ br̥haspatayē nama: |
|9||Āśleṣā (आश्लेषा)||16°40′ Cancer – 0°00′ Leo||Mercury|
Sun is in Ashlesha from (2nd August to 16th August)
Deity: Ahi, Sarpas, the deified serpents
Symbol: a coiled intertwined serpent, rich in mystical significance
Shakti: the power to inflict with poison, false, deceit, sinful, disrespectful, bad luck, hard to cure, cheating.
om̐ sarpēbhyō nama:|
|10||Maghā (मघा)||0°00′ – 13°20′ Leo||Ketu|
Sun is in Magha from (16th August to 30th August)
Deity: The Pitris, the deified ancestors
Symbol: throne room, royal court, palanquin
Shakti: the power to leave the body, has many servants, proud, arrogant, religious, holy, having an obedient spouse, devotion to Gods and ancestors, industrious, exerting great effort.
Mantra ॐ पितृभ्यो नम: । oṃ pitṛbhyo nama: |
|11||Purva or Pūrva Phalgunī (पूर्व फल्गुनी)||13°20′ – 26°40′ Leo||Venus|
Sun is in Purvaphalguni from (30th August to 13th September)
Deity: Bhaga, the god of wealth, especially inherited wealth
Symbol: Back legs of a cot
Shakti: Power of procreation, full of desires, restless, liberal, lustful, preserving, giving, bright, dignified, employed by important people.
ॐ भगाय नम:
oṃ bhagāya nama: |
|12||Uttara or Uttara Phalgunī (उत्तर फल्गुनी)||26°40′ Leo – 10°00′ Virgo||Sun|
Sun is in Uttara Phalguni from (13th September to 26th September)
Deity: Aryaman, god of chivalry and contracts
Symbol: Front legs of bed or a cot
Shakti: Power of wealth and accumulation through partnership, Fortunate, liked, Enjoys life, venerated, loved, high-minded, grateful, correct in conduct, religious, intelligent, earns through learning, enjoys life, happy.
Mantra ॐ अर्यम्णे नम: । oṃ aryamṇe nama: |
|13||Hasta (हस्त)||10°00′ – 23°20′ Virgo||Moon|
Hasta (26th September to 10th October)
Deity: Savitar/Arka the Sun, giver of life
Symbol: A hand or palm
Shakti: Power to gain our desire and place it in our hand, Powerful, energetic, daring, bold, courageous, addicted to alcohol, cruel, incompassionate, virtuous, enjoying sex, does favours for the wise, wealthy.
Mantra ॐ सूर्याय नम:
om̐ sūryāya nama: |
|14||Citrā (चित्रा)||23°20′ Virgo – 6°40′ Libra||Mars|
Chitra (10th October to 23rd October)
Deity: Tvashtar or Vishvakarma, the celestial architect
Symbol: a shining jewel
Shakti: Power to accumulate merit, bright, unconquerable star,wears nice clothing and necklaces,beautiful eyes, well-shaped limbs,secretive,in constant study,enjoys sex,honourable, enjoy’s others spouses.
Mantra ॐ विश्वकर्मणे नमः || त्वष्ट्रेनम:।
oṃ viśvakarmaṇe namaḥ || tvaṣṭrenama:|
|15||Svātī (स्वाती)||6°40′ – 20°00 Libra||Rahu|
Sun is in Swati from (23rd October to 6th November)
Deity: special deity is Vayu, the Wind God
Symbol: a young sprout swaying in the wind
Shakti: Power to scatter like the wind, Like the wind, you may need to move fast and furious,One who pleases Gods and Brahmins, patient,self-controlled,Merchant,Trader,sweet speech,kind words,enjoys life, Wealthy,Simple,Slow understanding,follows virtue and justice.
Mantra ॐ वायवे नम: ।
oṃ vāyave nama: |
|16||Viśākhā (विशाखा)||20°00′ Libra – 3°20′ Scorpio||Jupiter|
Sun is in Visakha from (6th November to 19th November)
Deities: Indra, two gods of lightning and fire
Symbol: leaf encrusted triumphal gateway
Shakti: Power to achieve many and various fruits of the harvest, achieve Goals.Jealous, envious, bright, dignified, skillfull in speech, eloquent, argumentative, uxorious, devoted, conquered and subdued by enemies, ill-tempered, under the power of spouse.
ॐ इन्द्रान्गीभ्यां नम: । Mantra
oṃ indrāngībhyāṃ nama: |
|17||Anurādhā (अनुराधा)||3°20′ – 16°40′ Scorpio||Saturn|
Sun is in Anuradha from (19th November to 2nd December)
Deity: Mitra, god of friendship, lord of compassion
Symbol: a lotus, archway
Shakti: Power of worship, abundant wealth, foreign residence, continually hungry, honourable, beautiful, famous, strong and powerful
ॐ मित्राय नम: । oṃ mitrāya nama: |
|18||Jyeṣṭha (ज्येष्ठा)||16°40′ Scorpio – 0°00′ Sagittarius||Mercury|
Sun is in Jyestha from (December 7th to 15th December)
Deity: Indra, king of gods, the King of Gods, who is the ultimate spiritual warrior, lord of storms
Symbol: earring, talisman
Shakti: the power to rise and conquer. Contented, performing Dharma (righteous conduct), virtuous, angry, irritable, fond of other women
ॐ इन्द्राय नम: । oṃ indrāya nama: |
|19||Mūla (मूल)||0°00′ – 13°20′ Sagittarius||Ketu|
Sun is in Mula (15th December to 28th December)
Deity: Nirriti, goddess of destruction and fury
Symbol: tied up, bunch of roots, lion’s tail
Shakti: the power to destroy or damage
you have such a deep desire to get to the bottom of all things, the root of the matter, but sometimes it can have crippling effects. Honourable, wealthy, not malicious or hurtful, firm, steady, eloquent, skilful in speech
Mantra ॐ निर्ॠतये नम: । om̐ nirr̥̄tayē nama: |
|20||Pūrva Āṣāḍha (पूर्वाषाढ़ा)||13°20′ – 26°40′ Sagittarius||Venus|
Sun is in Purvasadha from (28th December to 11th Jan)
Deity: Apas, God of cosmic waters of the sea
Symbol: a basket used for separating grain from the husk
Shakti: Power to invigorate or energize, power to remain undefeated in all circumstances. Desirable spouse who gives happiness, a steady friend, inconstant, undergoing change for the worse, honourable, happy, gentle nature, constantly falling in love.
ॐ अद्भ्यो नम: । om̐ adbhyō nama: |
|21||Uttara Āṣāḍha (उत्तराषाढ़ा)||26°40′ Sagittarius – 10°00′ Capricorn||Sun|
Sun is in Uttara Asadha from (11th Jan to 24th January)
Deity: The Ten Vishvadevas, universal gods
Symbol: an elephant’s tusk, planks of a bed
Shakti: the power to grant an unchallengeable victory, well-behaved, humble, polite, grateful, mindful of help, fortunate, liked, favoured, respectable, tranquil nature, happy, wealthy, scholarly
ॐविश्वेभ्यो देवेभ्यो नमः। om̐ viśvēbhyō dēvēbhyō namaḥ|
|22||Śravaṇa (श्रवण)||10°00′ – 23°20′ Capricorn||Moon|
Sun is in Shraavana from (24th January to 6th February)
Deity: Vishnu, the Pervader
Symbol: three footprints, ear and hearing to higher guidance, trident
Shakti: Power to connect, listening to the divine messages from the cosmos. Illustrious, eminent, possessed of fortune, very upright noble spouse, acquires wealth, Reverence to Gods and Brahmins, a leader, virtuous
ॐ विष्णवे नम: । om̐ viṣṇavē nama: |
|23||Śraviṣṭha (धनिष्ठ) or Dhaniṣṭha||23°20′ Capricorn – 6°40′ Aquarius||Mars|
Sun is in Dhanistha from (6th February to 19th February)
Deities: the eight Vasus, gods of light and abundance
Symbol: a musical drum
Shakti: the power to give abundance and fame. Generous, wealthy, having treasures, brave, fond of music, greedy for money, happy
ॐ वसुभ्यो नम: । om̐ vasubhyō nama: |
|24||Śatabhiṣaj (शतभिषा)or Śatatāraka||6°40′ – 20°00′ Aquarius||Rahu|
Sun is in Shatabhishak from (19th February to 4th March)
Deity: Varuna, god of rain and water. lord of healing arts through providing the cosmic waters of Medicine.
Symbol: an empty circle, one hundred physicians, or lotus root stems, charm
Shakti: the power of healing for firm, steady. Clear and specific speech, having addictions, destroys their enemies, reckless, overworking oneself, obstinate, peaceful, sparing diet.
ॐ वरुणाय नम: । om̐ varuṇāya nama: |
|25||Pūrva Bhādrapadā (पूर्वभाद्रपदा)||20°00′ Aquarius – 3°20′ Pisces||Jupiter|
Sun is in Purvabhadra from (4th March to 17th March)
Deity: Aja Ekapada, a one-footed goat a vehicle for the Fire God, Agni.
Symbol: double faced man, a sword, two front legs of a funeral bed
Shakti: the power of spiritual fire which is elevating
Your gift is spiritual advancement for the entire planet, Confident in speech, deceitful, fearful, cowardly, controlled by the opposite sex, skilled with making money, miserly
ॐ अजैकपदे नम: om̐ ajaikapadē nama:|
|26||Uttara Bhādrapadā (उत्तरभाद्रपदा)||3°20′ – 16°40′ Pisces||Saturn|
Sun is in Uttara Bhadra from (17th March to 31st March)
Deity: Ahir Budhya, serpent of the deep sea
Symbol: two joined men, the back end of a funeral bed
Shakti: the power to bring rain, Gentle natured, liberal, open-minded, many children, conquering enemies, virtuous, speaking ability, scholarly and wealthy
ॐ अहिर्बुध्न्याय नम: । om̐ ahirbudhnyāya nama: |
Sounds स sa हा hā
|27||Revatī (रेवती)||16°40′ – 30°00′ Pisces||Mercury|
Sun is in Revati from (31st March to 13th April)
Deity: Pushan, Sun as Nourisher and finder of lost things and animals
Symbol: a drum for keeping time, fish
Shakti: Power of nourishment
guardian angel for the defenceless, a rightful protector of animals, and a spiritual tour guide of sorts, Love sick, beautiful, counsellor, accompanied by children, friends or spouse will produce steady prosperity, well-developed proportioned limbs, fortunate, favoured, brave, pure, honest, wealthy, full of self-worth
ॐ पूष्णे नम: । oṃ pūṣṇe nama: |
Sound अः (aḥ), अं aṁ, ला lā
Characteristics of the Nakshatras
Rohini, Uttaraphalguni, Uttarasadha, and Uttarabhadrapada are FIXED constellations and are favourable for digging wells, laying foundations or cities, expiatory rituals, planting trees, coronations, buying lands, meritorious deeds, sowing of seeds, installation of Deities, the building of a temple, or any other activity desirous of a lasting or permanent effect.
Mrgasira, Citra, Anuradha, and Revati are SOFT or GENTLE constellations good for fine arts, learning, making friendships, sensual pleasures, decorations, sexual union, wearing new apparel, marriage, singing and dancing, processions, auspicious ceremonies, festivities, dealings of agriculture, and journeys.
Ashvini, Pusya, and Hasta are LIGHT or SWIFT constellations and are good for sports, enjoying items of luxury, starting industries, skilled labour, medical treatments, starting education, starting journeys, seeing friends, buying and selling, the performance of spiritual activities, decorations, fine arts, exercise, and for giving or receiving loans.
Arudra, Aslesa, Jyestha, and Mula are DREADFUL stars and are suitable for success in warfare, invocation of elementals and other spirits, imprisonment, separations, acts of destruction, and the breaking of alliances with superiors.
Purnavasu, Swati, Shravana, Dhanistha and Satabhisa are TEMPORARY, MOVABLE, or QUICK stars favourable for undertaking travel, acquiring conveyances, gardening, going on processions, visiting friends, and anything of a temporary nature.
Bharani, Magha, Purvaphalguni, Purvasadha, and Purvabhadrapada are FIERCE or CRUEL constellations and are suitable for acts of evil, deceit, and conflict, destruction of enemies, incarceration, poisoning, arson, battle, setting fire, acts of destruction, ill-repute, and cruelty.
Krtttika and Visakha are MIXED constellations and good for routine duties, one’s professional responsibilities, and any activities of day-to-day importance.
How to apply this:
FIXED (steady) stars, this is a favourable nakshatra to perform such things as laying foundations, for building, careers, relationships, things that you want to be permanent.
SOFT (gentle) stars, favourable for art, dance, music, marital union, ceremonies.
LIGHT (excellent) stars, which give pleasure, sports, giving medicine, starting industries or travel.
SHARP (harsh) stars, tantric incantations, imprisonment, causing separation of friends, assasinations.
MOVABLE stars, acquiring vehicles, going on procession, gardening.
DREADFUL (cruel) stars, evil schemes, evil deeds, planting ghosts in people, deceit, imprisonment, setting fires – arson.
MIXED stars, works of every day, day to day importance.
Ashwini “the horse woman” 0°00 to 13°20 Aries.
Symbol: Horse’s head.
Deity: Ashwini Kumaras the horse headed twins who, as physicians to the gods, perform medical miracles.
Mythology: Sanjna is the name of the goddess who disguised herself as a horse and fled from her husband because he betrayed her. He caught up with her, and their offspring produced the Ashwini Kumaras, the horse-headed twins. Each day the twins bring the dawn as their chariot speeds through the sky.
Indications: The “star of transport,” they are pioneers, explorers, always ready to try something new. They have zeal, and a zest for life. Heroic and very courageous, some will want to join the armed forces. Their restless and impatient nature has them rushing off quickly without planning ahead. Speed, not efficiency, is their preference. Their speech may be quick and halting, possibly stuttering, for the words can`t match the speed of their thoughts. They are the true trailblazers, headstrong and stubborn. As the symbol for new beginnings, they can represent a baby who goes after what it wants, not considering the inconveniences to others. They can be childish, irresponsible and inconsiderate. Ashwini rules all forms of transportation and fast travel. They are probably known for getting speeding tickets. Healers performing miracle healings are one of Ashwini’s gifts.
1. Physical features: A male born under this Mansion generally has handsome features; the forehead is broad, the nose is slightly bigger than average, while the eyes are be bright and large.
2. Character and general events: This native may appear to be very calm and quiet, but he is very determined and is capable of getting work done unnoticed; this is more predominant in those born between April the 14th and April the 28th, when the Sun transits its region of exaltation and between October the 14th and October the 28th, when the Sun transits its region of debility. It has been said that those born during these times do not even lose their determination in the face of death. Those born under this Mansion during other periods will also be determined, but to a lesser degree.
He will remain faithful to those who love him and will not hesitate to sacrifice everything for them. This native is the most supportive friend one can have, provided he is understood and accepted by others. He will remain calm even at a time of the greatest peril; but it will be a difficult task to calm him if he loses control. He is the best of advisors to those in tribulation, but deeply resents and fears criticism, and often sees advice from others as a frightening attempt at manipulation.
He takes his own time to do any work. Even so, even though his actions may be slow, they are well thought out. He will not jump into anything without first examining the pros and cons of every aspect, and cannot be influenced easily. Once he has committed himself to something, he will not waver from this, come what may, irrespective as to whether it is good or bad or right or wrong.
He is a firm believer in a Supreme Being, but there is no room for religious or other sentiments. He is orthodox but in an independent way, that is, he believes in a modern approach to orthodox methods and beliefs.
Even though he is quite intelligent, he can at times make mountains out of molehills. This will cause him to lack peace of mind and places him in a perpetual state of stress. He always likes to keep his environment neat and clean.
3. Education and sources of earnings/profession: He is jack of all trades. He is generally fond of music and is interested in literary pursuits. Until his 30th year, his life will be full of struggle. He will have to face obstacles even in small matters. From 30 years of age on, there will be steady progress that will continue up to 55 years of age.
One of his predominant attributes is his thriftiness, but his expenditure will always tend to be more than his income because he likes to impress others. Nevertheless he will more than likely manage to cover both his needs and his wants.
4. Family life: Even though his family members may dislike him due to his forceful behavior, he himself sincerely loves his family. Part of the problem is that these natives often feel they have been neglected by their father and did not receive the needed affection and care from him. Assistance and support may however be received from a maternal uncle, but most support will be derived from those outside the family circle.
Normally marriage takes place between 26 to 30 years of age. There will be more sons than daughters.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion have a most attractive face. The eyes are bright, but not large and rather soft, giving an overall magnetic effect. The forehead is broad and the nose slightly prominent.
2. Character and general events: This native’s pleasant way of expressing herself tends to charm everyone. She is very patient and sincere, but there can be a tendency to use her charm to manipulate or control others. Even though she is a modern woman, she will always respect her elders.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Many females born under this Mansion work from the home, or in the home. If she has a career outside the home however, and if other planetary positions in the natal chart are favorable, she is likely to be employed in an administrative position. She is however unlikely to want to continue with her career after 50 years of age, and may well seek voluntary retirement around that time. This is not necessarily a negative, as her financial position may well be such by 50 years of age that she no longer needs to work for her livelihood. She will thereafter devote herself to her family or to community oriented activities, or to both.
4. Family life: Marriage usually takes place between 23 years to 26 years of age; this is in fact the best period of life for marriage for this native, as an earlier marriage, particularly one before the age of 23 years, is often associated with either long-term separation from her spouse, or with divorce or widowhood.
There will be more female children than male children. She is a doting mother and is quick to respond to the needs and desires of her children. These natives like to keep their environment spic and span by cleaning whenever time permits, which in turn is something they will also expect from others.
5. Health: The health of a female native of this Mansion is generally good. The main causes of her ailments tend to be unnecessary worry and anxiety. If she has recurrent periods when worry or anxiety get out of control, there is also a likelihood that some mild brain disorder will arise later in life. There is always a need to be vigilant when cooking or when handling fire. Motor vehicle accidents also tend to provide a potential risk to this native.
Bharani “the bearer of new life” 13°20 to 26°40 Aries.
Symbol: yoni, the female organ for reproduction.
Deity: Yama, god of death, or Dharma.
Mythology: This part of the sky was called Apabharani, which means “the waters that carry things away”. This refers to all the souls that will transit here when they die. Yama is like Pluto and leads the dead to the other world. Yama was the first man sent to earth and the first man to die.
Indications: Considered the “star of restraint,” this is a difficult nakshatra. It denotes struggles and obstacles that result in personal breakthroughs. It is symbolic of the birthing process where one has grown out of the present conditions and must go through the pain of a new birth to create a new life. It is about personal transformation. Since Yama was the first to come to earth, and the first to die, they may be the first to try or do things. Social reformers, activists and philosophers are prominent here. There is a tendency towards jealousy or being plagued by the jealousy of others. Because the womb is so confining, in the end there is a feeling of restriction or confinement for these individuals. They feel oppressed by others, large groups and restrictive laws imposed by the government. It can also refer to those who inflict oppression on others. Here is the mystery of life and death. They may be attracted to a position such as an OBGYN physician or a mortician. They can be fanatical and intolerant of others who have different opinions. They are excessive and indulgent sexually. Their inner struggles can become a spiritual transformation leading to enlightenment.
1. Physical features: A male born under this Mansion usually has a medium size physical frame, but if he was born around midday, is likely to be very tall. His complexion is ruddy, the hair is sparse, the head is broad at the temples and narrow at the chin, the neck and face are fairly long and the forehead is large; while the eyes are bright, the eyebrows bushy, and the teeth good.
2. Character and general events: Natives of the Mansion of the Bearer are not always liked by everyone, in spite of their sincerity and their distaste for hurting others. The problem is that these natives tend to gloss over the sensitivities of others and like to come straight to the point when they express their opinion on any matter. Come what may, they are not prepared to compromise, whether others agree with this or not; there is no room in their mind for advice and encouragement, while tactful behavior is alien to them. In fact, they even will not hesitate to enter into conflict over trifles with near and dear ones. Although he may appear arrogant to others, and although this is often the cause of much of his misery in life, the truth is that he is sincere, thus when he is convinced that he is wrong, or when an opponent apologizes, he will completely forget any animosity and resolve a conflict with great sincerity.
He is proudly independent and likes to be in charge and is always eager to establish his supremacy; he would rather die than suffer subservience, and when he was to bow to others, he sulks. He also tends to like spreading rumors and wasting time on rumors.
He will tend to have a good all-round knowledge. He has the capacity to go deep into any matter. Even though these natives can do very well in public life, they tend to face criticism and financial ruin.
He cannot achieve anything without having to clear hurdles and having to deal with stiff competition, and has to in the end, often face failure. Ultimately his beneficiaries and friends will turn against him. He finds it almost impossible to establish a permanent relationship with anyone. Thus he has a life that will always be a mixture of the good and the bad, and although he is capable of looking after others, will also need someone to look after him.
It is advisable that those born under the Mansion of the Bearer do not involve themselves in unnecessary arguments or competition. Standing up for their rights and principles will ultimately bring them more problems than benefits.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Although his life is full of ups and downs, neither good nor bad periods will last very long. After he reaches 33 years of age there will be a positive change in his environment, in his life, and in his livelihood. He is capable of working in any field: business, sport, music, art, advertising, the automobile industry and in restaurants, particularly if he has an administrative position. He can also be a good surgeon or judge. He is more likely to attain success in his undertakings is he establishes or starts any activity, or has his business or place of activity on the eastern side or in an eastern direction from where he lives.
4. Family life: Marriage usually occurs at around 27 years of age. Marriages tend to be happy. He may have been separated or become alienated from his father if his birth was in the 1st half of the Mansion of the Bearer. When married, his companion is an expert household administrator and is devoted to him. His wife should also handle the money as he is inclined to spend money impulsively, and could well consume all the family’s finances. He loves his family and dislikes to be away from them, even for a day.
5. Health: While male natives of this Mansion usually do not take care of their health, and also tend to abide by the principle of ‘eat, drink and be merry’, which means that their diet is inclined to be unhealthy, they are unlikely to suffer any serious health problems. The main illnesses they are prone to are: dental problem, high fever, severe body aches, ringworm, intermittent fever, diabetes, affections of the brain and stroke. They are afraid of water and not without just cause, as traveling on water and swimming holds an inherent risk for them. There is also a danger of injuries to the forehead and the orbits around the eyes. If they smoke, they will suffer from lung problems.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion usually have a very attractive figure and white teeth, which tend to be somewhat unevenly arranged.
2. Character and general events: This native is a modest and moral person, who respects her parents and those older than herself, but she does not like to follow the advice from others and will act according to her own will. She is assertive and impulsive and somewhat over-optimistic.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: She earns her own livelihood. She can be successful as a receptionist, as a guide or as a salesperson. She is ambitious and will not wait for opportunities to come to her, but will go out and create her own. She may earn an income through sports activities.
4. Family Life: Marriage comes around her 23rd year of age. When married, she will be in charge of all things and be the officer in charge of her home. While she will enjoy the full confidence, love and affection of her husband, there may be frequent problems with her in-laws. She always speaks highly of her own family, but will only take instructions from a man she admires. In case she marries someone below her station in life, she will more than likely overpower him in everything. As females born under the Mansion of the Bearer are somewhat outspoken and self-assertive, her married partner needs to have patience and deal with her tactfully in order to avoid daily friction.
5. Health: The health of females born under this Mansion is generally good. They have a tendency towards menstrual problems, uterine disorders and anemia; in some cases they may also be prone to chronic lung infections.
Krittika “the one who cuts” 26°40 to 10°00 Taurus.
Symbol: a knife, or a razor.
Deity: Agni, god of fire.
Mythology: Karttikeya, a powerful warrior, was born in the Pleiades and nursed by the six sisters who were falsely accused of infidelity.
Indications: The “star of fire” is sharp, piercing and penetrating. People with this nakshatra have a cutting wit and can be sarcastic and critical. They are proud, ambitious and determined. They are passionate crusaders. As the nursemaids nurtured and protected Karttikeya, there is a protective influence, and they seem to adopt and care for children not their own. Their need to protect is where the warrior comes out. They are stubborn, aggressive and can be very angry. This nakshatra rules war, battles, and disputes. Since Agni is the ruling deity, these people have fast metabolisms and good digestion, and are usually good cooks. They have frequent ups and downs in life. Their passions can lead them to illicit sexual affairs, as the Pleiades were falsely accused. They are bigger than life and can rise to a place of fame and prominence.
1. Physical features: A male born under this Mansion is usually of average stature, but if his natal Moon is aspected to Saturn, he will be much taller. The neck is heavy and the body is solidly built with wide shoulders and well-developed muscles. His nose is prominent and his eyes sympathetic, while the expression is calm and his behavior polite. He has a commanding appearance.
2. Character and general events: While on the one hand this native is very intelligent, he has, on the other hand difficulty in pursuing any goal for an extended period of time. In other words, he easily gets bored with any particular thing and will jump to another without much thought or planning. He is capable of rendering good advice to others and can tell them the solution to any of their problems; but in his own life follows whatever impulse comes into his head.
He will discard any friendship if that friendship questions his ego or freedom, but at the same time he does not like to achieve name, fame and wealth through unfair means or by groveling. His needs or wants are practical, but his material gains are not always spectacular, although his business sense can be quite amazing. His primary motivation however, derives from an emphatic wish to remain free from being obligated to others and from a desire to maintain a clear conscience. Optimism together with dignity are characteristic of these natives. He is determined to go ahead with great energy and demonstrates his stubborn and tenacious nature.
While his personal philosophy is conventional, he needs more than just blind faith and meaningless customs. Persistent effort and hard work are his motto. He is eager to serve humanity or the world, but he cannot do so for long. He involves himself in public life in all sincerity, but loss and failure are the ultimate outcome. This drawback is attributable to his inability to go with the flow.
He attempts to set limits and tries to exercise control in accordance with the way he sees an issue, and then tends to modify these rather impulsively. Nevertheless, once he makes a promise, he will carry it out no matter what the cost.
In public life he can attain name, fame and respect; his great sincerity will however be the cause of his downfall. Frustrations will arise from even the smallest of matters and this will cause him to suffer from emotional outbursts. Once his temper is fired up, things can get out of hand. Hence he has to keep a handle on his emotions and avoid outbursts of temper. Remarkable ability will be demonstrated in debates that require logic and reasoning. These natives quite often lack truthfulness and money, and travel unnecessarily. They can be thankless and have a sharp tongue.
3. Education, source of earning/profession: Mostly those born under the Mansion of the Cutter will not stay near their place of birth and they often make their livelihood some distance from where they were born or even in a foreign country. Business partnerships are not suitable to them. They can gain their income from the government, work for the treasury department, be a draftsman, have a career as an engineer, or be a medical doctor. In case he is interested in business, his greatest gains may come from supplying the clothing industry, from pharmaceutical wholesale and retail, and from industries that deal in decorative work. He tends to be rather slow in his work, which may cause him to lag behind others, hence in order to achieve success in life, he is advised to increase the throughput of his work.
4. Family life: While his father will be a respected and well-known person, he will not be his main source of security, as he is more attached to his mother and tends to be his mother’s favorite. This native is generally lucky in marriage and a love marriage is indicated for him. Sometimes they marry a girl of a family that was already known to his family. His spouse will be an expert household administrator, who is dedicated and devoted, faithful and trustworthy. Despite all these positive points, the health of the spouse can be a concern. There may also be circumstances in which they have to live separately, not because of marital disharmony, but possibly because of work commitments or ill health of the spouse, or due to matters relating to the in-laws or other family members. While he has to contend with many obstacles in life, he is happy in his home environment, where he finds fulfillment and peace.
Up to 25 years of age and again between 35 and 50 years of age his life will be full of trials and tribulations and full of frequent changes in his environment. Between 25 years and 35 years of age and between 50 years and 56 years of age however, his life will be very good.
5. Health: Males born under this Mansion tend to have a good appetite but are not inclined to stick to a consistently good diet. Illnesses to which they are prone to are: dental problems, weak eyesight, bloating and wind, hemorrhoids, accidents, wounds, chronic lung infections, recurrent fevers, encephalitis and meningitis. Whatever the condition of their health may be, no illness fazes these natives, and they are not prepared to look after their health on a consistent basis.
1. Physical Features: Females born under this Mansion usually have a neat frame, which is of medium height. They are inclined to be very attractive until 27 years of age. After this, due to unexpected psychological issues or circumstantial changes, their attractiveness tends to gradually fade.
2. Character and general events: Although this native is a quite caring and affectionate, she does not like others telling her what to do. She will stand up for herself and a quarrel will ensue. Because she finds it hard to give in, she suffers emotionally. She is not only overly self-assertive in everyday life, but also in her home environment.
3. Education, sources of income/profession: Only very few females born under the Mansion of the Cutter complete higher education. These natives tend to earn their livelihood by working in agriculture, in food production and in other small-scale industries. When they are born under the 1st degree or between 12 degrees and 13.20 degrees of this Mansion, they are usually highly educated and their career may be in administration, medicine, chemistry or teaching. She could also earn an income as a musician or artist, or from a vocation in clothing design or manufacture, or from working with plastic or leather goods.
4. Family life: These natives often find it hard to achieve close emotional relationships. Once married, some of these natives may remain childless, or may become separated from their husband. In rare cases they do not marry at all. If they do not marry at an early age, 37 year of age is good time for marriage. They will also find it hard to have a close bond with their relatives as they tend to feel uncomfortable and repressed in their presence. The reality is that these native’s imagination gives them a mistaken perception of the world around them and that as a result, they tend to show discourtesy to those who have their best interests at heart. The problem is, that if they do not deal with this tendency, they will ultimately totally isolate themselves from others.
5. Health: The health of females born under this Mansion can become severely afflicted either because of overwork or due to emotional stress. Glandular disorders can also be a problem.
Rohini “the red one” 10°00 to 23°20 Taurus.
Symbol: cart or a chariot, temple, banyan tree.
Deity: Brahma, or Prajapati, the creator.
Mythology: Of the 27 daughters, Rohini was the Moon’s (Soma) favorite wife. He spent more time in this nakshatra, because of her beauty and seductive qualities. The others sisters became jealous and the father (Prajapati) cast a spell on Soma, where he becomes ill each month but recovers. This is why the Moon waxes and wanes each month.
Indications: The “star of ascent,” the myth implies the suffering our intense desires may bring, for the Moon could not help his desire for Rohini. This is a passionate, sexually seductive nakshatra. These people are very attractive, alluring, and beautiful. They love luxury, art, music and all the finer things life has to offer. They are extremely materialistic and frown on those who don`t measure up to their taste and high culture. They can be spoiled, for nothing ever seems to be good enough for their high standards. They can be extremely critical of others, looking down at their seeming low class. As the myth implies, they can be over sexed, and use sex to get what they want. They can be very artistic and have an appreciation for beauty and the fine arts. This is a growth-oriented nakshatra, ruling crops and fertility. This implies they can rise to the top and achieve their desires. Also there is fertility for procreation, meaning they have children. This nakshatra gives wealth, but they must harness their worldly materialistic desires.
1. Physical Features: A male born under this Mansion normally has a rather slim physique. This may however by modified by certain planetary positions and aspects, and shorter frames and persons carrying more weight are also seen. The eyes are attractive and have a magnetic quality. The appearance is handsome, the shoulders are broad and the muscles well developed.
2. Character and general events: These natives are discriminating and always strife to accept only what is right, and reject that which is wrong or untrue. Nevertheless, their downfall is their short temper; once they are angry, they tend to stay that way and cannot be persuaded to let go of it. They can become as stubborn as a mule if someone attempts to override their decision or thwart their plans and will not listen to any advice or any idea that may counter their own concepts. Additionally, they have a talent for finding fault with others and find it almost impossible to work within the boundaries of a set framework. They are ruled by their heart rather than their head and live for today and will spend all their money on today’s pleasures and comforts; thus their life is full of ups and downs as they do not plan ahead. Although these natives will sacrifice everything for those they love, they will not hesitate to wreak bitter revenge on their enemies. These natives can achieve great success in life, provided they place some restraint on their independent ways.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He is sincere and honest in his day to day work, but lacks patience and forgiveness. He tries to be a jack of all trades, but in the process falls short of achieving balance and organization in his life. Instead, his independent way of thinking and acting often leads to his downfall. Nevertheless, some of those born under this Mansion have risen to success from the lowest status of life, due to a particularly good placing of other planets in their natal horoscope.
He is best adapted for a mechanical or an engineering trade, but may earn an income from the production of milk products or confectionery or from dealing in these, or as a chemical engineer.
The most difficult period in his life will be between 18 and 36 years of age. During this time he will have to face a lot of economic, social and health problems. The best parts of his life will tend to lie between 38 years and 50 years of age and between 65 years and 75 years of age. Important rules for this native are to never take anyone they do not know really well, into their confidence and to be extra careful with the selection of business partners and employees; if he blindly believes others, he will come to grief. He should never give anyone his trust unless they have first earned it.
4. Family life: He may not derive much security from his father and be more attached to his mother and the maternal side of the family, such as an uncle; or be attached to maternal things. As he will not hesitate to discard any social norms or customs if he considers this warranted, his married life will be marred with conflict and problems.
5. Health: Males born under this Mansion have a tendency towards throat problems and towards illnesses associated with blood dyscrasias. In addition there are tendencies towards jaundice, urinary disorders, blood sugar disturbances, respiratory problems, chronic lung infection and paralysis.
1. Physical Features: Females born under this Mansion are generally of medium height and have a fair complexion relative to her ethnic type. Their eyes are striking and they are very attractive in appearance.
2. Character and general events: This native has good personal controls and knows how to dress neatly, even impressively. She can appear very proud, even aloof, but her emotions are not her strong point. Natives of the Mansion of the Red Stag tend to be short tempered and thus bring problems on themselves. Nevertheless she is practical, but can also be secretive and can turn violent when provoked.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: She is conscientious in any work entrusted to her or done by her, and will excel in whatever she puts her mind to. She may earn an income from trading in or working with oils, milk or agriculture. Her employment may be associated with the hospitality industry or may involve clothing design and manufacture. Her educational achievement is usually at College or High School level.
Important rules for this native are to never take anyone she does not know really well, into her confidence and to be extra careful with the selection of business partners and employees; if she blindly believes others, she will come to grief. She should never bestow her confidence on anyone or give them her trust unless they have first earned it.
4. Family life: She will enjoy a good family life and have a devoted husband and loving children. She must however curb her tendency towards stubbornness in order to maintain a harmonious married life; and avoid doubt and recriminations aimed towards her husband as otherwise the marriage will end in divorce.
5. Health: The health of females born under this Mansion is generally good. There will be a tendency towards pimples, pain in the legs and feet, swelling above the neck, sore throat, pain in the breast and possible abnormal changes in breast tissue, and irregular menstruation.
Mrigashira “head of a deer” 23°20 Taurus to 6°40 Gemini.
Symbol: deer’s head (Antelope).
Deity: Soma, the Moon god (Chandra).
Mythology: Orion was the sky god Prajapati the world maker. He became obsessed with his beautiful daughter Rohini and chased her though this part of the sky, changing forms for swiftness. One of the forms was the antelope. To save Rohini, Shiva shot an arrow through Prajapati sending him crashing down to earth, destroying the oneness of the Universe.
Indications: This is referred to as the “star of searching”. These individuals are constantly searching or looking for something. They are restless, nervous types always traveling. They are collectors looking for one more piece to add to their collections. They love to shop and fine that special deal, and the shopping or searching never ends. Like the deer they are gentle, peaceful, tender and have large soft doe like eyes. They are seekers and are powerful investigators and researchers. Highly intelligent their quest will eventually take them to spiritual dimensions of their soul. There is a sensual provocative side that can lead to incestuous relationships as the myth suggests. The fun is in the chase or the journey not the destination, for then the trill is over. They are known for having beautiful children.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion generally have a medium complexion, are relatively tall and have a handsome and solid body, with thin legs and long arms.
2. Character and general events: This native is the proverbial ‘doubting Thomas’, who is suspicious of everything. Nevertheless he is very sincere in his dealings with others and he expects the same in return; thus others find him generally pleasant to deal with. This native has to be cautious when dealing with friends, relatives and business partners however, as he is always in danger of being disappointed or cheated, particularly if he has blind faith in them.
He knows how to handle people who let him down and has initiative, awareness, resourcefulness and adaptability; but because of his caring nature is often buffeted by both circumstances and people.
He likes a simple life based on positive principles and tends to express himself in an impartial and sincere manner, but can be impatient to the point of intolerance when confronted by discrimination from others, by prejudice or by unfair actions. Nevertheless many of his opinions are not heartfelt and when the chips are down he will act according to his own interests. He will state that he has great courage and will not hesitate to perform acts of heroism, but will disappear from view at any sign of trouble. His mind is rarely at peace and he will be irritated by even the most trivial of matters.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: These natives are usually well-educated. They are very good financial advisers who will always advise others to cut down on their spending; but have great difficulty in controlling their own finances and thus often finish up in rather difficult economic circumstances. He will often start a new project rather than finishing any tedious or routine work associated with the one at hand. He usually does this because of his insight into a situation rather than fickleness, because he has an intuitive sense of the possibility of success or failure of a project, and therefore simply discards it in order to replace it with another that is more viable. The upstart of this is however, that he has great difficulty in undertaking any type of work that requires an ongoing and long-term commitment.
His life up to 32 years of age will be full of ups and downs, confusion, trials and false starts, and he may appear lost in the confusion of life. From the age of 32 years onwards however, and provided other planetary placings in his natal chart are positive, things will start to settle down and balance will come into his life. From then on success in life and in any business he may be engaged in will come to him. And between 33 years and 50 years of age he will be in the most successful, productive and satisfying period of his life. During this time he can gain surprising and sometimes unexpected benefits. But whatever he may gain during that time will tend to be lost later in life through his own fault.
4. Family life: He is unlikely to get much support from his siblings; they may cause him difficulties, accuse him falsely of misdeeds, and damage or harm him through their animosity. His sincerity and affection is unlikely to change this behavior of his relatives towards him.
His spouse may not always be in good health. Moreover, his married life may not be happy, mainly due to differences of opinion on what are really quite trivial matters, and due to the overbearing nature of the native. In some cases the reason for the marital disharmony is caused primarily by resentment due to their differing backgrounds as regards their social status.
5. Health: Ill health during childhood is often a problem for males born under this Mansion. Recurrent constipation can ultimately lead to stomach disorders. There is also a risk of cuts and injuries, and possible pains in the shoulders near the collarbones.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion usually have a tall and lean body and a sharp and piercing gaze; the overall appearance is one of gracefulness and great attractiveness.
2. Character and general events: This native is quite intelligent and takes a keen interest in social issues. She is mentally alert, quick-witted, but also somewhat self-centered. Since she can have a very sharp tongue, she has to take great care when getting involved in an argument or when getting angry, as she may well make statements that leave wounds that will never heal. Beyond that, she is educated, sophisticated, interested in fine arts and a connoisseur of fine cuisine. She also likes money and may well acquire a considerable amount of this and get to own expensive personal possessions and fine clothing.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: She is often has a great deal of knowledge of, and is attracted to employment in areas that are traditionally more associated with males, such as mechanical or electrical engineering, telephones, electronics, etc.
4. Family life: Early in her life, there may be one or two serious love affairs that did not result in marriage. When she commits herself in marriage however, she will be very attached to her husband, and it will be as though the past never existed. Once married, she will like to keep herself busy with many activities and will more than likely have children. She will also like to keep her husband under her control.
5. Health: Female natives of this Mansion are inclined to have irregular health problems. There is also a tendency to goiter, pimples, reproductive infections, menstrual problems and shoulder pain.
Ardra, “the moist one” 6°40 to 20°00 Gemini.
Symbol: teardrop, diamond, a human head.
Deity: Rudra the storm god, “the howler” and god of destruction, another form of Shiva.
Mythology: Rudra the destroyer is a form of Shiva who brought down Prajapati (Orion) to save Rohini from the sexual violation of the daughter. This destroyed the unity of the cosmos.
Indications: There is sadness as the symbol of the teardrop suggests. There is a very destructive quality here, but the destruction is necessary to save grace for the future. They create destruction and havoc wherever they go, sometimes even destroying themselves. This is the place of the dark night of the soul, for there is a new dawn or new beginning after the seeming tragedy. After the worse storms comes the beautiful sunny day, for the following nakshatra (Purnarvasu) means “return of the light.” The rain the storm clouds produce brings growth and fertileness. These individuals are good at creating things out of destruction. They like to renovate old discarded things. This can refer to fixing up old houses or cars. They do have a lust for power and material things, and can appear cold and calculating. Their violent temperament causes many tears and depression, which can lead to their early destruction and death. They need to develop a sense of gratitude and appreciation for this will heal many wounds. Their real satisfaction comes as they overcome their hardships, and the truth and realization that comes through their suffering.
1. Physical features: The shape and physical structure of males born under this Mansion can vary from slim and short to heavy and tall.
2. Character and general events: This native deals responsibly with any work that is entrusted to him. When dealing with groups or with the public, people generally like him because of his sense of humor. He has an intuitive perception of how others ‘work’ on an emotional and mental level.
His dealings with friends and relatives tend to be cordial, although he may be rather thankless at times to those who have assisted him. His behavior is fluid and adaptable and not fixed.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He has the capacity to acquire considerable learning on virtually every subject. Despite this he never seems to gain much in the way of recognition or reward for his knowledge. Since he is very sincere in his work and also in his dealings with others, even the slightest conflict can create a great deal of mental anguish. Nevertheless, he can keep a cool head and act appropriately and in a supportive manner during times of severe emotional distress or financial hardship. Because of these qualities he is liked by many people.
He likes to be involved in many projects at the one time and usually does not stick to only one line of work, but has the ability to undertake a number of jobs at a same time and complete these to perfection. If he undertakes work-related travel, he will sort out several issues at the same time.
Cooperation is important to him, and even when he knows that his approach is the correct one, he will not hesitate to change this out of respect for others, if they do not agree with him. Research work is his forte and represents an area where he can achieve outstanding success, while he also has the potential for considerable success in the business world. In addition, the majority of those engaged in voluntary community work have been born under this Mansion.
Normally, the native earns his livelihood well away from his childhood home and family. In other words he feels at home in places that are distant from his origins. The golden period of his life will be between 32 years and 42 years of age. He may have a career in transport, shipping, telecommunications, publishing or journalism. He may also earn an income as a bookseller or finance broker.
4. Family life: His marriage may well be delayed. If he marries early in life, he may be forced to live separate from his family, either due to conflict between him and his spouse or due to other circumstances that are beyond his control. If marriage takes place at a later stage in his life, his marriage will be a happy one, although his spouse will tend to rule the roost. He will have to face many challenges in his life, but will do so bravely and without complaint.
5. Health: Male natives of this Mansion are prone to a number of illnesses, some of which may be chronic. Some of the more common illnesses of these natives are: dry coughs, asthma, ear problems, dental problems, paralysis and heart problems.
1. Physical features: A female born under this Mansion usually has an attractive physique, charming eyes and a somewhat prominent nose.
2. Character and general events: This native is easy-going and non-aggressive, but can be overly extravagant. Her intelligence is good and she likes being helpful to others. Unfortunately she also has the knack of finding fault in others. Education, sources of earnings/profession: This native is capable of achieving considerable distinction in the education and scientific fields. In most cases those born under this Mansion specialize in electronic goods, or in the pharmaceutical field. They can also earn an income as a consultant.
4. Family life: It has been noted that in some cases those born under this Mansion have, or have had a stepparent or adoptive parent. They tend to marry somewhat later in life, but the attainment of a happy marriage is often a challenge for them, as affection from their husband or husband’s family may well fall far short of their expectations, thus causing their marriage to be full of thorns. Even her own children may not provide her the happiness she craves. There is a warning associated with this Mansion regarding divorce or widowhood.
5. Health: Inherent health weaknesses in female natives of this Mansion can bring a tendency towards mucous disorders, ear problems, asthma, upper lymphatic disorders, bilious problems, menstrual problems, uterine problems, anemia and toxemia.
Punarvasu “return of the light” 20°00 Gemini to 3°20 Cancer.
Symbol: bow and quiver (case that contains the arrows).
Deity: Aditi, the mother of the gods, she is boundless, vast and limitless, goddess of abundance.
Mythology: After the Bleak and destructive storms of Ardha, there was return of light. Hence, the name given to it is Punarvasu.
Indications: This is referred to as the “Star of Renewal”. After the bleak storms of Ardra the light appears again. Those with this nakshata have the ability to bounce back again, for they have deep limitless inner resources, and no boundaries as to what they can accomplish. They are deeply philosophical, inspirational, and spiritual with a true genuine understanding, which gives them their wisdom. There hardly seems to be a shadow side. They are likable, and charming. Because of their forgiving ways, others seem to forgive them easily. They love to travel, but just as the arrow is returned to the quiver so must these natives have a home base with family to return. There is a definite theme of return and renewal. As they give back to the world their prosperity doubles. This is a very prosperous nakshatra. They don`t have the need for a ot, they are content with little.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion generally have a handsome appearance, long legs and an elongated face. There is often some identifying mark on the face or on the back of the head. In many cases they can be recognized by a facial expression that communicates openness and frustration at the one time.
2. Character and general events: The native tends to have a deep faith in a Supreme Being. If he is religious he will take his faith very seriously and his religious beliefs will tend to be main-stream and traditional rather than unorthodox. In his younger years he will be easy-going, but as he gathers life experience, he will change his outlook according to his personal experiences and circumstances. From then on it will be difficult for others to ‘read’ his thoughts and feelings, which means that people have to tread carefully when dealing with him, especially as he can be quite hot-tempered at times.
He is neither greedy nor extravagant and prefers to live a simple life that provides him with his needs. He will not involve himself in dishonest or illegal activities and will try to prevent others from doing so. He does not like to interfere in other people’s life, but will try to help anyone down on their luck if he can.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He can achieve success in almost any endeavor except in business partnerships. He can attain fame and renown as a teacher, an actor, a writer, a physician, etc. Until he reaches 32 years of age his life and fortunes will be somewhat unpredictable and more of a struggle, he should therefore not involve himself in any major business projects until then. As he is not one who likes the compromises and dubious practices that are often a part of the business world, he is not be the type of person that is likely to accumulate a great deal of wealth, but he can and often does attain accolades and public honors.
4. Family life: He is the most obedient child his parents could have wished for, and he respects his parents, teachers and other authority figures. Unfortunately his marriage may well be full of restrictions. And although his wife is more than likely dedicated to the relationship, her health may cause a great deal of worry. He may also divorce his wife and enter into a second marriage. Frequent friction between other family members is also likely. All these combined problems will cause a great deal of emotional strain and may make it difficult for him to cope.
5. Health: While male natives of this Mansion may not be any serious health problems associated with them, they may worry greatly over even being slightly ‘out of sorts’. They have a strong digestive system and tend to drink a lot of water.
1. Physical features: The eyes of females born under this Mansion are light in color relative to their ethnic type, they have curly hair, the bridge of her nose is high and they have a pleasant an appealing voice.
2. Character and general events: These natives are generally calm by nature, yet they can be argumentative and thus can cause frequent friction with their relatives, acquaintances and neighbors. Nevertheless, they are kind-hearted and tend to respect others. They prefer a comfortable life and like to employ others to perform everyday tasks.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: These natives are fond of music, and may be skilled in one or more aspects of the performing arts.
4. Family life: Their good taste shows in their marriage; they tend to choose a very handsome man as their life partner.
5. Health: Females born under this Mansion rarely enjoy full health, and often suffer from one niggling problem or another. This is mainly due to their lack of interest in caring for their health. Health problems they are prone to are: ear problems, goiter, stomach troubles, jaundice and both chronic and acute lung conditions.
Pushya “to nourish” 3°20 to 16°40 Cancer.
Symbol: cow’s udder (milk producing), the lotus, an arrow and a circle.
Deity: Brihaspati, or Jupiter the priest of the gods.
Mythology: Brihaspati is the guru or teacher of the gods and is lord of speech and prayer. Shiva made Brihaspati into the planet Jupiter. Brihhaspati had his wife Tara stolen by Soma, and she bore a child from this affair (Budha). Brihaspati was taken by the charm of this child and raised it as his own.
Indications: Those who have this nakshatra are very religious, but usually in a conventional way. There is a helping, caring nature. They are very wealthy, abundant, sometimes to the point of opulence. They have close knit families. Since they are so high minded they come to believe they know it all, and can be very arrogant as to their orthodox beliefs. They believe they know all the rules, and they must make sure others follow their laws. They can be smug and believe they are the only ones who are right and the whole world is wrong, of course this indicates insecurity. The nourishment and abundance principle can create overweight problems. They are philosophers, and spiritual with boundless devotion. They want to share their inner wealth, so they are frequently teachers, preachers and professors.
1. Physical Features: It is very difficult to define or describe the physical characteristics or the appearance of males born under the Mansion of the Flower, as there is no specific feature that is exclusively theirs; these natives come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes they have an unusual identifying mark on their face in the form of a scar or a mole.
2. Character and general events: Males born under this Mansion tend to be irresolute and often find it difficult to make decisions on any matter. They can present themselves well, but do not show their true self to others because they are concerned that this may not be in their own best interest. This causes them to have an outwardly positive expression, while their inner self is repressed and negative. They rarely show respect to others, but on the other hand expect others to respect them. If someone praises or admires these natives, they are on top of the world, but they become quickly discouraged and despondent in the face of criticism.
There is a danger with this native of becoming involved with the ‘wrong crowd’. He therefore has to be discriminating in his choice of friends and associates.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: He will readily accept any paid employment without a moment’s thought as to his suitability for the job, which will set him up for failure in almost every case. This does not mean to say he is not suited for any employment; quite to the contrary, he is excellent at some tasks and has a naturally pleasant manner. All that is needed is that his abilities are carefully matched with the right job; if this is done, nothing will stop him from achieving great things in his work. Nevertheless, this native’s strength is his ability to push through obstacles and bounce back after defeat. Other good points are that he will flatly refuse to engage in anything of an ethically dubious or potentially illegal nature; he has a strong belief that the Law and justice must prevail, and wrongdoers should be punished, irrespective as to whether these are strangers, friends, relatives or enemies. Further, he will carry out any work entrusted to him with complete integrity, to its completion.
Even without much formal education, this native can show extraordinary intelligence and wide ranging knowledge on many topics. His abilities are many faceted but his downfall is his independent nature. For those of the Mansion of the Flower, success often lies in fields such as the theatre or the arts, or in commerce.
In most cases these natives suffer severe financial and other privations until the age of 15 to 16. From then on, and until the age of 32, there will be a mixture of good and bad times, but things will look up dramatically from 33 years of age onwards, when there will be all-round improvement in their economic status, in their social standing and in their health.
In most cases those born under this Mansion derive their income some distance away from their place of birth and family; their work often involves a great deal of traveling.
4. Family life: During his childhood his family’s circumstances will be difficult to the point where they may have to depend on others for their basic needs. As a result he has a rather close bond with his parents, but tends to develop a rather independent personality. When he reaches maturity and falls in love, he can give of himself and be truly and sincerely affectionate and appreciative, yet he is always fearful of being hurt and rejected. As a result these natives may hesitate to form strong and permanent attachments. When he does marry, circumstances may force him to be separated from his wife and children for long periods, even though he very much wants to be with them. He has high expectations of his spouse and expects her to be thoroughly self-sufficient, have many talents and be conservative in manner and dress. In some cases these natives can become quite unreasonable and lose sight of their own failings, and instead place the responsibility for these on their marriage partner.
5. Health: The health of males born under this Mansion tends to be poor during childhood, until 15 years of age. After this there will be a gradual improvement. Possible health problems due to inherent weaknesses of this native may be: coughs, eczema, gall stones, gastric ulcers, jaundice, and abnormal growths.
1. Physical Features: Females born under this Mansion are generally short in stature, have a medium complexion and a well-proportioned face and body. They are usually attractive in appearance.
2. Character and general events: This native has an amicable character and is non-aggressive. She is sincere and affectionate but can be moody. She conservative in her ways and respects her elders and superiors and listens to them; while she subscribes to either strong personal principles or to a religious faith. Unfortunately, she is often bullied and oppressed by others and as a result does not enjoy much peace in her life. Most of the problems in her life, however, can be attributed to her retiring nature, which prevents her from expressing her thoughts and feelings to others. She wants to say many things, but her lack of confidence holds her back; this causes others to form a mistaken and often negative opinion about her.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: As her mode of action is systematic and methodical, and because of her nature, she may well be employed in a position that requires a great deal of responsibility and trust. She may therefore work as a private secretary or in a Government security agency; or derive an income from real estate property or from involvement in agriculture.
4. Family Life: Marriage will have its ups-and-downs for although she is a loyal person, her timid and reserved nature may make her husband feel isolated or may even make him feel that he is not the only man in her life. This mistaken perception can be avoided if she can overcome her retiring nature and become a little more forthright with her natural wishes and desires, and thus gain some control over her marriage. Her children will be devoted to her.
5. Health: Female natives of the Mansion of the Flower have an inherent atopic weakness which may manifest as a tendency towards respiratory problems, including chronic lung infections, eczema and skin ulcers. They may also suffer from gastric ulcers, liver problems, jaundice and breast problems including swollen glands and abnormal tissue changes.
Ashlesha ‘the embracer” 16°40 to 30°00 Cancer.
Symbol: serpent, a curled up or coiled snake.
Deity: Sarpas, or the Nagas, deified snakes.
Mythology: The serpent is the symbol of great wisdom, found in the occult sciences such as astrology or psychology. The snake has been referred to as the kundalini energy that rises through the spine in bringing spiritual enlightenment and magical powers.
Indications: These are penetrating and intense individuals, with hypnotic eyes. They can hypnotize you with their glare and presence. It has been referred to as the “Clinging Star”, implying they can squeeze the life out of you. They are profound and full of wisdom, but have been know to use it to the contrary, like black magic. They can be sneaky, crafty, devious liars. They attack when you lest expect it, are cold blooded, and dangerous. The end result is their convincing ways turn on them and they suffer the consequences of poisoning themselves. They cannot tolerate any criticism or humiliation. They are extremely sexual and may use it to manipulate and control others. When they become so distrustful, fearful and hurt they learn to turn their manipulative energy to divine wisdom and use their magic to achieve enlightenment. There can be interest in poisons in terms of medicines that heals.
1. Physical Features: Males born under the Lunar Mansion of Embrace normally possess a healthy appearance. They may appear to have a solid body and healthy features, but lack inner strength. Those born under this Mansion possess a piercing gaze that seems to penetrate through others.
2. Character and general events: These natives are very talkative and excellent spin-doctors who can win others over with their persuasive words. As such, they are well suited to organizations with a strong philosophical base. They are also born leaders and are inherently ambitious, which means that they may well excel in a political field. In addition they are quite intelligent; all these attributes give them the qualities needed for leadership, whether this relates to running an organization, a corporation or a country. Their downside is that they are inclined to feel no obligation to anyone who assists them, and are therefore unlikely to show any gratitude, even to someone who saves their life. They give an outward show of sincerity and empathy, but it does not come from the heart.
They are cautious in their dealings with others, but because they do not discriminate between people and accept the rich and the poor, and the good and the bad in equal measure, crooks and evildoers can often be found among their associates. They do not like opposition from any quarter to their way of doing things, but like those who will accept their leadership and obey their orders without question, and are prepared to fight for them to their last drop of blood. They do not like to cheat others or steal from them, but are happy to foster any misconceptions in others that may be to their benefit. One of the drawbacks with these natives is their tendency to support those who are not needy and reject the pleas of those who are in need; if they do lend a helping hand to a needy person however, they will proclaim this from the rooftops.
These natives are also hot-tempered, but have a certain amount of control. They will lose their temper when they can get away with it, but if they feel that losing their temper could get him into trouble, they will simply keep silent.
All in all those born under the Lunar Mansion of Embrace are lucky and popular. Unfortunately, this does not make their life all plain sailing, as they are often betrayed by relatives and friends and by secret enemies.
In some rare instances a native of the Mansion of Embrace can be soft-spoken and very timid. In this case their lack of courage will prevent them from achieving the heights that the native of this Mansion is normally capable of.
3. Education, source of income/profession: These natives are often well educated in the arts or in commerce; while their careers tend to be marked by rapid promotions and sudden reversals. They may suffer a heavy financial loss when they are 35 or 36 years old, and conversely may gain an unexpected windfall when 40 years of age.
4. Family life: He may well have to take on a great deal of responsibility in relation to his own family; and this could be because he is the eldest in the family. Marriage problems may arise because his wife has difficulty in understanding him, and because she does not want to share with, or financially assist relatives.
5. Health: Inherent health weaknesses associated with males born under this Mansion may lead to: stomach disorders, flatulence, jaundice, and pains in the knees and legs. Drug dependence, whether to medically prescribed drugs or other substances, may also be a problem.
1. Physical Features: Females born under this Lunar Mansion normally possess a solid physical structure and healthy features, but lack inner strength. Most tend to be rather stocky in appearance; if Mars is associated with this Lunar Mansion in their natal horoscope however, they will have a slimmer and more graceful appearance. Natives of this Lunar Mansion possess a piercing gaze that seems to penetrate through others.
2. Character and general events: These natives are inclined to be self-restrained and have a tendency to disassociate themselves from events around them. They are often quite retiring, but subscribe to a high moral standard and are generally greatly respected by their relatives. They can defeat their opponents by the skilful use of words.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: She is very efficient in her work. If she is well educated, she may well be employed in an administrative capacity; otherwise she may work in the retail industry or in agriculture.
4. Family Life: When married, she will prove a very efficient household administrator. She should be on her guard when dealing with her in-laws, as intrigue may originate from that quarter, and cause friction between herself and her husband.
5. Health: Inherent weaknesses associated with females born under this Mansion can make them prone to nervous disorders, hyper-emotionality, joint pains, fluid retention, jaundice and indigestion. If nervous stress becomes chronic and severe, repeated nervous breakdowns will be the outcome. Hence adequate time-out and holidays are essential.
Magha “the great one” 0°00 to 13°20 Leo.
Symbol: royal throne.
Deity: Pitris, family ancestors, “The Fathers”.
Mythology: This is the constellation believed to be the where our ancestors dwell and await their opportunity to reincarnate back with their families on earth.
Indications: They are noble and eminent persons with leadership abilities. In this nakshatra kings or presidents are born, or simply those who rule or take charge. There is a drive for power and wealth. They are traditional with strong values and strong ambitions leading to restlessness. They are attached to their heritage and ancestry, and will usually seek out their family tree or origins. Worldly power and a need for recognition can obsess them. They have a generous heart, and deep loyalty with possible arrogance and egotism. Elitism and class-consciousness can make them quite snobby. There is a sense of emptiness that drives them towards enlightenment.
1. Physical features: The physical frame of males born under this Mansion is of medium height, the neck is large and the body hirsute. There is often a mole or dark mark on the hands or on the back below the shoulder. The face has an open or even innocent expression.
2. Character and general events: This native is an enterprising person that respects his elders and authority; he also likes to live the life of a good person, and if not religious will at the very least endeavor to practice its ethical principles. He is a soft-spoken person who abhors noise and clamor and who likes to live and work in a quiet environment. All in all, he enjoys his life. He develops a good knowledge of a variety of arts and likes to gain knowledge about various sciences and usually becomes expert in some of these; as a result he may well receive accolades and recognition from respected academics.
He is considerate when dealing with others as he does not want to hurt other people’s feelings. In case he inadvertently hurts someone’s feelings, he will try to rectify this immediately. He dislikes anyone who purposely creates problems for others, and cannot tolerate anything that perverts the truth. Any perception of wrongdoing by others will cause his temper to flare, a response that unfortunately will bring him a number of secret enemies during his lifetime that will plot his downfall, and sadly will at times succeed in their plans. He will devote himself to the furtherance of culture and be actively involved in cultural activities; he does this not because he expects something in return, but for his own personal satisfaction, as he is inherently unselfish. This is the reason why these natives often achieve public recognition.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: It is more than likely that he will have a number of people work for him or under him. As these natives dealings with their superiors and subordinates tend to be cordial and down-to-earth, they often rise to a middle-management role in an organization, that is, they become an indispensable link between top management and workers. He is not business minded, and his straightforward nature means that he is unlikely to attain much success in his own business. Nevertheless, he will inspire others by his sincerity and hard work; which will in the end be rewarded by a comfortable living standard, but not at the level that one would consider represent just recompense for his efforts. At some stage in his life he will decide to change his employment to a totally different field. He may well take a considerable amount of time to think things over, but once he makes up his mind he will not turn back.
4. Family life: Most of those born under this Mansion enjoy a happy and harmonious married life. He may however have to shoulder a number of responsibilities or deal with problems related to his siblings.
5. Health: If the natal horoscope of a male born under this Mansion has Mars or Saturn in an adverse aspect to his Moon, inherent weaknesses can make him prone to asthma or seizures. Otherwise there is a risk of night-blindness and abnormal growths.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are usually very attractive in appearance. If Saturn aspects the Moon in their natal horoscope, their hair will be strong and beautiful, enabling them wear this in long tresses.
2. Character and general events: While these natives tend to have a hot temper and like a good argument, deep-down they are kind and caring souls, who will live their life by the Golden Rule, even if they are not formally religious; and will, when someone is in need of assistance, help them without a second thought, out of the goodness of their heart. They do enjoy comforts and being pampered, but can take charge in any official duties they may be involved in.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: If this horoscope has Jupiter also located in this Mansion, she will attain a very high position in her employment; or will marry a wealthy and possibly influential person.
4. Family life: She likes to be able to control her environment, which when married will translate into a desire to be in charge of her own home. One of the drawbacks for this native is that she is inclined to generate friction in the family and cause conflict between her husband and her in-laws. This can result in unhappiness for the whole family, which is the reason why she must curb this tendency at all cost. Her children will be devoted to her. Her first born will probably be a son, followed by two daughters.
5. Health: Inherent weaknesses in female natives of this Mansion most commonly manifest as eye problems, blood disorders, jaundice, uterine disorders and hysteria.
Purva Phalguni “the former reddish one” 13°20 to 26°40 Leo.
Symbol: bed (the front legs), hammock, fig tree.
Deity: Bhaga god of bliss (marital) and prosperity.
Mythology: The Phalgunis are the “marriage mansions”. Where the power of love and attraction start with Rohini , here it results in the settling down in marriage. Bhaga protects marital happiness and bestows family inheritance. Lord Shiva started his marriage precession under this star.
Indications: This nakshatra implies by the bed or hammock it is a time of rest and relaxation. These individuals are usually carefree, never worry and rely on their luck. They are attractive, sensual, and affectionate. They are very social, with the ability to influence others, with their communicative skills. Social events and parties are their favorite activity. This has been called the party nakshatra. They are kind, generous, and loyal, and are seldom alone. They are usually married or in a long term relationship. Their joyousness can lead to excesses, going to the extremes. They are very sexual and passionate. They have robust health. They may be lazy and indulgent, lending to vanity and narcissism. They can be very artistic and often express themselves through music and dance. There is often a substantial family inheritance.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion usually have a solid or stout body with a variable complexion and a snubbed nose; they perspire easily and frequently. They have a pleasant personality and an agreeable way of expressing themselves.
2. Character and general events: These natives like their freedom and are fond of traveling; while they often achieve recognition in one or another field. The weakness of a person born under this Mansion is, that his mind is often preoccupied with all kinds of issues and therefore misses what is happening around him. Nevertheless he has an inherent intuitive perception of other people’s needs, and will often extend a helping hand to others, even before he has been asked to do so. He tries to do the right thing towards others and is prepared to devote much time to a good cause. Conversely however, he does not like to receive charity himself, and will suffer financial problems at times because he has not been repaid money he has lent others out of the goodness of his heart.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: They cannot bear to be subservient to anyone, because of this these natives usually do not take on employment that involves a subordinate position. Thus they are not likely to gain much support from their superiors, as they cannot be a ‘yes’ man in an employment situation. They like to be in charge and will prefer a position of authority to a higher income. They tend to change their job frequently, particularly at the age of 22, 27, 30, 32, 37 and 44 years of age, but will only achieve the employment position they are happy with after their 45th birthday.
A person born under this Mansion likes to execute all his work with integrity and sincerity and is unlikely to be prepared to be involved in, or have any tolerance for, any illegal activities. He does not like to gain at the expense of others. His honesty can create problems for him at times; and he will accumulate a number of secret enemies over time that will come to be his main obstacles to progress in life. Nevertheless, he has the courage to deal with these and will eventually overcome his enemies and achieve a great deal of success his work. As those of this Lunar Mansion are generally competent and intelligent, they often rise to high positions, although they only rarely fully achieve their own life ambitions. In spite of all the foregoing however, they will, after their 45th year of age, reach a good position that brings with it a certain amount of power and authority. They can excel in the business world.
4. Family life: Sometimes circumstances prevent those born under this Mansion from marrying the person they love. Nevertheless, they tend to have a happy marriage; their wife will be devoted to them and their family, and they will derive much joy from their children. They often live some distance from their birthplace and from their own family.
5. Health: The health of male natives of this Mansion is generally good. There may however be a tendency towards dental disease, abdominal disorders and diabetes. Even so, permanent and chronic disease is rarely seen in those born under this Mansion.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are generally of medium height and have a round face and a prominent nose. Often a double chin develops. They have a likeable personality.
2. Character and general events: This native is polite, has a happy disposition, is easy-going and has a good moral character. She has an inherent intuitive perception of other people’s needs and likes to help others and will often extend a helping hand, even before a request for this has been made. She tries to do the right thing towards others and is prepared to devote her time to a good cause. In spite of all her good attributes, she can be pompous and showy and give the impression that she considers herself better than others; this is an obstacle that must be curbed for success in life.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Their education is likely to lean towards scientific areas. Generally these natives achieve a high level of education; they may also be lecturers and have or achieve a good financial position. They usually also have an interest in the arts.
4. Family life: Those born under this Mansion usually make conscientious spouses and mothers who are ready to sacrifice everything for the sake their family, and who can always be relied upon in a time of need. Additionally, their husbands are generally caring and affectionate, and their children devoted to their mother. Unfortunately, stubbornness and conceit can be a problem with these natives and this particularly so if their husband has an important position and a good income. If this is case they may well consider themselves smarter and better than others. This has the potential to generate frequent friction in the family, and may undermine cordial relations with neighbors.
5. Health: Inherent weaknesses in female natives of this Mansion most commonly manifest as: asthma, dyspnea, jaundice and recurrent menstrual problems.
Uttara Phalguni “the later reddish one” 26°40 Leo to 10°00 Virgo.
Symbol: bed (four legs), or hammock.
Deity: Aryaman, one of the Adityas, rules patronage, kindness, and favors. Bhaga and Aryaman are invoked together.
Mythology: Aryaman governs marriage contracts, and protects family inheritance. Shiva and Shakti were married under this asterism.
Indications: Friendship is important to these helpful, kind individuals. They are happiest when married. Relationships and family unity are important. The meanings of Purva Phalguni apply here as well, just a little subdued. It is called the “Star of Patronage” for their love of humanity and caring sincere nature. They want to alleviate the suffering in society. Basically the Phalguni`s are known to have a happy marriage. But, since this nakshatra cannot stand to be alone, they may settle for anybody, and become involved in a co-dependent relationship, leading to resentments and marriage problems. They are courageous and good with people, leading them into powerful positions. There is a tendency to be controlling and very stubborn.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are usually tall and somewhat chubby in appearance. The face is large and the nose prominent. There is often a black mole on the right side of the neck.
2. Character and general events: These natives are happy, and in many ways lucky individuals. They are tidy in both appearance and habit, and show a great deal of sincerity in their work and in everything they do. They are usually quite religious, but if not, will at the very least endeavor to adhere to a similar code of conduct. They have a good reputation for their community involvement.
They are openhearted, but also hot-tempered and lack the needed patience and tolerance. Once their temper fires up, it is almost impossible for them to calm down. Then they will repent down the track, when the damage has been done. Nevertheless they will not admit that they may have been at fault, even if deep down they know otherwise, no matter what the cost. He has however good reasoning ability and a certain amount of tact, which will enable him to extricate himself from most situations.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: He is independent in nature, but will deal with all of his responsibilities and fulfill these in an appropriate manner. He does not like deception, nor being deceived. He can excel and achieve success in any form of employment that requires contact with the public, as he has a knack of dealing with people. He is sincere when working for others, but this is not always the case in his personal life. Once he has made a decision, no one can change his mind. Since he is inherently a hard worker, he can reach a good position in his career. He has talents for mathematics, engineering, astronomy, teaching, writing and research in a scientific field. He can also be successful in advertising. In some cases these natives earn extra income as a private tutor.
The period of his life up to 32 years of age will be rather bleak, after which there will be a gradual improvement until 38 years of age. From then on progress will be faster and he will achieve much of his life aspirations. This smooth run will continue until he is 62 years of age. He may be lucky enough to achieve recognition and financial independence during his fifties, but as everything in his life will tend to come through his own efforts, it is more likely that his achievements will be limited to the ownership of assets and property.
4. Family life: His married life is good, more or less, and he is quite contended with family life. His wife will be a very efficient person.
5. Health: The health of male natives of this Mansion is generally good. There may however be a tendency towards rheumatism, dental problems, stomach problems, intestinal problems, and problems with the liver.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are usually of medium height and complexion, but tend to be somewhat on the plump side. The nose is slightly bigger than average. They can often be recognized by the presence of a black mole on the face.
2. Character and general events: This native is calm and straightforward, and does not keep grudges for long. She is a principled person that always seems to be happy. She is tidy in both appearance and habit, and shows a great deal of sincerity in all her tasks. These natives are usually quite religious, but if not, will at the very least adhere to a similar code of conduct. They often have a good reputation for their community involvement.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: These natives have an inherent aptitude for mathematics and science, and are well suited to a profession in teaching, lecturing, or administration. They may also find employment in areas associated with sanitation, or in hospitals. They often earn an extra income through modeling or though acting.
4. Family life: She will more than likely marry a man who is moderately well off, and will gain much personal happiness from her husband and her children. She is very clever in the management of her domestic affairs, but must curb any tendency to show off, as this is likely to make her neighbors jealous, who may then create unexpected problems in her family life, or between her and her in-laws.
5. Health: Female natives of this Mansion generally enjoy good health. There is however an inherent tendency towards mild asthma, menstrual problems and migraine.
Hasta “the hand” 10°00 to 23°20 Virgo.
Symbol: hand, or fist.
Deity: Savitri or Surya, the Sun.
Mythology: Savitar, the Sun God has the ability to manifest what we are seeking and place it in our hands. He gives life, and assists in childbirth. Savitar is “golden handed” everything he touches turns to light.
Indications: The hand symbolizes skill with the hands, as in craftsmanship and the arts. They may use their hands for healing, possibly as a doctor or massage therapist. They can be a comedian with their great clever wit, and good sense of humor. They are entertaining and good speakers. Their early life may be plagued by hardships restraints and possible impediments. The fist indicates an ability to grasp ideas, and hold on to things material or spiritual. Sometimes it is hard for them to let go. The crafty hand can indicate a thief, as well as a pickpocket, for they may be plagued by poverty or lack of success, until they focus on the spiritual path. There is an innate desire to be helpful and serve, as in a counseling profession. They are highly intelligent, attracted to mysticism, possibly palmistry being their specialty.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are usually tall and somewhat on the stout side. The complexion varies, and the hands are short relative to the body structure. There is often a scar on the upper right hand or beneath the shoulder.
2. Character and general events: This native has a calm nature and a pleasant smile that has the power to attract others and win them over. People tend to feel good when they are around him, which means that he will have many long-term loyal and devoted friends in his life. He does not like show and pretense and if wealthy will prefer to live simply. He is honest and does not like to deceive others even if his life depends on it. He is always ready to help those in need and will do so without any thought of personal gain. Nevertheless, if someone hurts him, the wounds will take a long time to heal and he will want to take his revenge; which he never does, because he does not want to hurt anyone. Eventually he will take consolation in the belief that God or Fate will in the end exact just recompense and will turn his back on the conflict and walk away.
Because of his good qualities, many people will respect him, but he will also have to deal with much criticism and opposition. In general his life will have frequent ups and downs; this applies to both his profession as well as his emotions; one moment he rises to the top and the next moment he plummets back down to the bottom. Fortune and misfortune come without warning. He is therefore never permanently wealthy, nor is he permanently poor; whenever he seems to be making progress, reversal is not far away. He may well feel that some curse has been placed on him, as his sincerity and his hard work never seem to provide a gain that is commensurate with his efforts. Although he will always try to turn any reversal around, this will only be accomplished through the help of others, which will come from unexpected quarters when needed and will help him achieve success in his undertaking.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion like to keep a strict discipline in their career. These natives are, with very few exceptions, not suited to employment as laborers or for work in subordinate positions. In most cases they are either engaged in business or have a supervisory position in some industry.
They tend to possess excellent all-round knowledge, even if they have little in the way of an academic background. They are expert negotiators that are able to intervene in, and settle disputes. Nevertheless progress will not come easy for them and they will have to deal with many issues in order to climb just one step of the ladder of success.
There will be many unexpected changes in his circumstances relating to his family, as well as to his academic, professional or business environment until he reaches 30 years of age. There will be a golden period between 30 and 42 years of age, when he can relax a little. After 64 years of age, considerable business success associated with financial gain is indicated.
4. Family life: He has an idyllic married life, even though the normal friction that is a part of everyone’s family life will occur occasionally. His wife will be rather homely and focused on her home and the family.
5. Health: There is an inherent tendency in males born under this Mansion towards severe coughs and colds, rhinitis, stuffy nose, and asthma or dyspnea.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion usually have a shapely, curvaceous and attractive physical structure. The eyes are beautiful and the ears on the small side and perfectly formed.
2. Character and general events: This native tends to be calm in nature and somewhat shy, and has a pleasant and attractive smile that has the power to charm others. People tend to feel good when she is around, which means that she will have many long-term loyal and devoted friends. She does not like pretense and will avoid showing off, even if she is wealthy or has a prominent social position. She is also honest and dislikes deception with a passion. She is always ready to help those in need and will do so without any thought of personal gain. Nevertheless, if someone hurts her, the wounds will take a long time to heal and he will want to take her revenge; but never actually does, as he does not want to hurt anyone. Eventually she will take consolation in the belief that God or Fate will exact just recompense and will turn her back on the conflict and walk away.
Although she respects her elders and those in authority, she is not subservient and expects to be treated with respect. If something does not please her, she will not hesitate to express her view openly; and will in the process generate considerable anger and animosity in others and make bitter enemies. If she learns to exercise a little diplomacy, she will achieve success in her affairs and will also be able enjoy her life to the fullest.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Females of the Mansion of the Hand do not, in most cases, have a career outside the home, at least not for any extended period of time; and this mainly so because of the good financial situation of her parents and her husband. Where this is not the case, they may be employed in agriculture or in the construction or resource industry.
4. Family life: Her forthright nature can lead to ongoing friction between her and her relatives. Her married life on the other hand, is usually happy and her husband financially well to do, while her children will be helpful and caring towards her. More than likely her first child will be male and this will be followed by two daughters.
5. Health: The health of females born under this Mansion is generally good. Later in life however, there may be a tendency towards asthma, high blood pressure and varicose veins.
Chitra: “the bright one” 23°20 Virgo to 6°40 Libra.
Symbol: bright jewel, or pearl.
Deity: Tvashtar or Vishvakarma the celestial architect.
Mythology: Tavashtar is the celestial architect that can shape how humanity will see the world. He creates the Universe by blowing the creatures into existence, fanning them with his wings. He is the master of maya and magic, and represents regenerative power and longevity.
Indications: This is the “star of opportunity”. These individuals posses charisma, personal charm, and can be flashy and glamorous. They love bright colors and usually have very beautiful eyes with well-proportioned bodies. This is one of the most mystical nakshatras of all. They have deep spiritual depth and with sudden flashes of insight. They are wonderful conversationalist; they say the right thing at the right time. Chitra rules creation, indicating artistic ability, and organizational ability as in architectural design. Many artists are born in this asterism. With an affinity to jewels they may deal with gemstones. Chitra reflects the world of maya and delusions, which they are to over come.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are usually slim in appearance. They often stand out in a crowd by their dramatic gestures and facial expressions.
2. Character and general events: These natives are both intelligent and peace loving, but will go to any extreme if they feel they can gain some personal benefit. They are highly intuitive and can make statements that make no sense at the time, but that are later found to be prophetic and accurate in nature. In some cases they also have prophetic dreams.
They are not easily swayed by other people’s feelings about a matter and have a tendency to say things without thinking. When they eventually realize that they did not act in the wisest manner, it is too late to correct the situation. As a result others often see them as rude and mean. But in spite of their often-overbearing manner, they do not act selfishly and are especially caring and kind when dealing with those who are less fortunate than themselves, and are prepared to devote time and energy to charitable works.
One of the things to watch out for is that he may, when working for a charitable cause, start off with unselfish motives, but as time goes on and the gloss wears off, begins to look for selfish benefits. He has to deal with enemies at every turn but seems to always be able to escape their best-laid plans.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: For him, hurdles simply exist to be cleared, and he will overcome all obstacles in his life through gritty courage and hard work. Nevertheless, one of the luckier aspects of those born under this Mansion is that they will often receive help from unexpected sources without having to put much effort in themselves.
His life will not be comfortable until he is 32 years of age, and the time between 33 years and 54 years of age will be his golden period.
Because of his intuitive nature, he is well suited to the healing professions and to other fields, where such intuition would be a positive asset. Otherwise he may earn an income from sculpting or in a mechanical field or from working as a factory employee. These natives also find careers in the political arena or in engineering or in technology.
4. Family life: While they deeply care for their siblings and parents, they are inclined to be somewhat paranoid as regards their intentions and actions. They tend to receive only limited support from their father, and this possibly because they often live separated from their father. As a result their relationship with their father is usually not close, even though their father is often famous or renowned in a particular field. Thus they tend to be closer to their mother and the maternal side of the family. Those born under this Mansion rarely stay in the house where they spent their early childhood. This may be because they move to a place that is distant from that of their childhood, or because the house has been destroyed by some means or through some cause. Normally his married life is not all fair weather and smooth sailing. For although his relationship will more than likely be stable, there will be frequent friction and a lot of responsibility to bear. In addition he will face a lot of criticisms from his wife and his family throughout his life
5. Health: Male natives of this Mansion have a tendency towards kidney and bladder inflammation, intestinal parasites, and encephalitis. In some cases appendicitis and abdominal tumors may occur.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are usually relatively tall and have a very attractive and curvaceous figure. Although the hair of these natives is strong and can easily be grown long, they will more than likely choose to have it cut short.
2. Character and general events: These native’s desire for freedom and lack of respect for any rules complicates their life. They can be conceited, blunt, contrary and lazy; and as a result have often few friends. They may decide to flaunt the rules of accepted social mores. Nevertheless, they are both intelligent and peace loving, and in spite of their overbearing manner do not act selfishly and are especially caring and kind when dealing with those who are less fortunate than themselves, and are prepared to devote their time and energy to charitable works. They are also highly intuitive and often make statements that may make no sense at the time, but that are later found to be prophetic and correct. In some cases they also have prophetic dreams. Unfortunately they tend to be dogged by bad luck which means that life will rarely be smooth sailing for them.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Her education lies in the area of science. She may be a nurse or a model or an actress. If the planets in her horoscope indicate this, her employment may lie in horticulture or agriculture.
4. Family life: Married life may have its problems for this native, unless her natal horoscope and that of her partner support each other. Otherwise there is the likelihood of separation through divorce or through estrangement from her husband; or through widowhood. In some cases these natives do not have children. In order to achieve happiness in life, she needs to exercise restraint and a little wisdom and be prepared to fit in with the common rules and ideas held by those around her.
Swati: “the sword” or “independence” 6°40 to 20°00 Libra.
Symbol: young sprout swaying in the wind, coral.
Deity: Vayu, the wind god.
Mythology: Vayu is the purifier that represents the pranayama (breath) that sustains all life. The goddess, Saraswati is associated with this nakshatra. She is the goddess of learning, education, and the arts.
Indications: They excel in the fields of music, literature and art. Financial and business successes are part of their gifts. They are blessed with the art of communication, revealing their knowledge and interest. Their ability to ride with the wind makes them extremely flexible. They are curious and eager to learn. Some are very psychic and intuitive. They are vulnerable, striving for independence, but are always survivors. Swati also translates as “the priest” and are learned in theology. Sometimes they can be high strung, and shallow. Because of their Vata nature must be careful of their diet causing too much wind.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion tend to have a rather muscular physical frame. One identifying characteristic of this type are the exceptionally high foot arches that cause the ankles to appear more elevated than usual.
2. Character and general events: These natives are usually easy-going, but can also be stubborn and independent. They do not like to take anything from another person, but also do not like to part with what they own. They do not deal well with any criticism related to their work, and once they lose their temper, it is very difficult to settle them down. Thus their temper is their greatest weakness, and if they can learn to control this, their prospects in life will be greatly enhanced.
They are quite willing to help others, provided no one interferes in what they are doing. They do not discriminate between people and respect everyone equally, regardless of their position in society. These natives are the best friend one can have during tough times, but they are also the worst possible enemy one can make, as they will not hesitate to take revenge on anyone who stands against them.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: The mental ability and work capacity of those born under this Mansion is excellent. Until his 25th year of age, he will suffer emotional difficulties and financial restrictions; this will be the case even if he comes from a well-to-do family. From 25 to 30 years of age he will make a limited amount of progress and advancement in his profession or business, but will enjoy his golden period from 30 years of age until 60 years of age.
He may earn an income as a goldsmith, a traveling salesman, a pharmacists, an actor, or as a worker in the clothing or textile industry. He may also be a mechanical engineer, be a part of the armed forces (especially the navy), or work as a translator.
4. Family life: These natives tend to have many problems during their childhood. They will initially be close to their family and try to help and protect them, but later often reverse their attitude because of their family’s criticism. When they marry, their married life is not as congenial as could be desired. To those looking in from the outside it may well appear that they live in a harmonious relationship with their partner, but in reality this is not the case.
5. Health: Males born under this Mansion normally have excellent health. Nevertheless, everyone has some weaknesses, and these natives are no exception; as such they have a tendency towards abdominal disorders, heart problems, hemorrhoids and arthritis.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion can generally be identified by their relatively slow gait.
2. Character and general events: This native is sympathetic and kind, honest and high-principled and is usually highly regarded by those around her; she has many friends and is able to win over her enemies. For her, there is no place like home; she feels centered there and dislikes traveling away from her home. She likes to attend religious and/or civil ceremonies, as these are meaningful and spiritually significant to her.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Whenever and wherever she takes up employment, she will be highly regarded by her employer and her co-workers because of her reliability and dedication. Unfortunately, circumstances are likely to make it necessary for her to accept a job that will involve a certain amount of traveling, even though she dislikes traveling with a passion.
4. Family life: Unusual circumstances in the family will force her to become involved in some situation that goes directly against her basic principles. She will however gain a great deal of joy and satisfaction from her children.
5. Health: Female natives of this Mansion look outwardly healthy, but their internal constitution is not strong. As a result they may suffer from asthma, bronchitis, breast discomfort and pain, uterine problems, and fractures of the ankles and of the bones of the feet.
Vishaka “the forked shaped” 20°00 Libra to 3°20 Scorpio.
Symbol: Triumphal arch, potter’s wheel.
Deity: Indragni, a pair of deities Indra is the chef of the gods, and Agni is fire deified.
Mythology: Indra the king of the gods, combined with Agni fire provides the energy, strength and powerful potential in this nakshatra.
Indications: This is the “Star of Purpose”. They are very goal oriented, and don`t give up until they achieve success. Ambition, and concentrated power will conquer any obstacles or rivals. They are extremely competitive. With their hash opinions they may force their will and ideas on others. The end result or their bottom line may involve stepping on or either using others to get what they want. They need to be careful not to win the battle, but lose the war, by pushing their agendas too hard. If you have what they want, it will be hard for them to hide their feelings of envy and jealousy. They can become frustrated and angry when they don`t get what they want. They are always hopeful of success and their determination will persevere. They are patient, persistent and determined. They experience success in the second half of their life. As the warrior spirit they will get what they want, their best solution is to be the spiritual warrior.
1. Physical Features: There are two types of physical structures in males born under this Mansion: the first is tall and usually somewhat chubby, while the second is short and slim in appearance. These natives usually have a round face and a bright expression. All in all, their physical appearance is striking and handsome.
2. Character and general events: These natives are energetic, vigorous and highly intelligent. They are independent and freedom loving, and would rather die than be subservient to others. Nevertheless, they are respectful of others, irrespective as to whether they are their superiors or not, and irrespective of their station in life.
They generally have a firm belief a Supreme Being, although they tend to spurn orthodox beliefs and traditions as they see all religions as expressions of one truth; they rather prefer to associate themselves with more modern ideas and are often attracted to concepts such as pacifism. All in all, they like to lead a life that is based on high ideals and principles. Sometimes they decide to take on a religious or spiritual vocation when they are around 35 years old; this will not cause them to abandon their family, as they will at the same time continue to fulfill their family obligations.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion are inherently eloquent and may well win recognition or awards for their language skills. Accordingly, they are gifted orators who have the ability to attract crowds and make people listen. Hence they are well suited to a career in politics. There is a contradictory aspect to their handling of finance; while on the one hand they have a tendency to be very frugal, they can on the other hand spend extravagantly for totally non-essential purposes. Nevertheless, they are suited to any job that requires a great deal of responsibility. They are capable of running their own business, are suitable for a career in the field of printing or the graphic arts, can work as a Banking professional or have a religious vocation, or find employment as a mathematician or a teacher.
4. Family life: As a child he may have been deprived of his mother’s affection, and this may have been due to a long-term illness on behalf of his mother, or be due to some other unavoidable circumstance that caused him to be separated from his mother or be due to her death while he was a child. On the other hand his father is more important to him and may have qualities of which he is quite proud. Even then his father may also not have been very accessible and his life may well have been more or less like that of an orphan. In addition, he and his father tend to have different opinions on many issues that are difficult or even impossible to reconcile. This forced him to look after himself from a relatively young age, and made him into a hardworking and self-made person. Once grown up, circumstances will more than likely cause him to live some distance away from his parents and siblings.
Although he deeply loves his wife and children, he has two potential weaknesses that can interfere with his happiness at home. The first is a tendency towards alcohol addiction, and the second is his difficulty in resisting sexual temptation. He will however find ways to deal with these and will not allow them to adversely affect his family or damage his social life.
5. Health: Since males born under this Mansion are blessed with inherent vigor and vitality, their health is normally very good. Nevertheless they do have some physical weaknesses, which tend to manifest as an inherent risk towards asthma and stroke. These will however only come to the fore after 55 years of age.
1. Physical features: There are two types of physical structures in females born under this Mansion: one is tall and curvaceous, while the other is petite and slim in appearance. The face is usually round and the expression bright, while the overall appearance is very attractive and sometimes quite striking. Their attractiveness can be a curse to them at times, as it has the tendency to attract unsolicited and unwanted attention from the opposite sex.
2. Character and general events: This native is energetic and vigorous, and highly intelligent; there is little that she cannot master, so whatever task she is assigned, whether this be related to her career, or be a part of her home duties, it will be expertly accomplished. She has a pleasant way of communicating and is respectful to others, irrespective of their station in life; while she is also quite skilled at talking others around to her point of view. Although she does not like show and pretense and prefers to dress and present herself simply and with good taste, she does like to use a little makeup to enhance her features. Unfortunately problems may arise in her life as a result of jealousies from female friends and relatives.
Natives of this Mansion generally have a firm belief a Supreme Being, and if religious, will place a great deal of importance on the principles associated with their beliefs and will like to follow religious observances and may well undertake a number of pilgrimages in their life.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion are usually quite interested in poetry and often achieve academic excellence in art or literature. If this native’s horoscope has good planetary combinations, particularly if the Moon and Venus are conjunct, she may be or may become a famous writer.
4. Family life: These natives tend to be very much trusted by their family and as a result are often requested to deal with any difficult or legal issues. Once married, they are also devoted to their husband, and often look after the wellbeing of family members, which may well include distant relatives. They are generally highly regarded by their in-laws, and particularly so by their father-in-law, because of their dedication and high principles. They may go on frequent pilgrimages and/or often visit civil or family shrines.
5. Health: Females born under this Mansion generally enjoy good health. They do however have some inherent weaknesses that can lead to goiter, kidney disorders, and various problems due to hormonal imbalances.
Anuradha “the disciple of the divine spark” 3°20 to 16°40 Scorpio.
Symbol: triumphal archway, or a lotus.
Deity: Mitra as one of the Adityas is responsible for friendship and partnership.
Mythology: Mitra is the god of friendship and promotes cooperation in humanity. Any contracts or agreements are Mitra’s duty to protect. Mitra gives compassion devotion and love. Rada (the cowherd maiden) who is the friend and lover of Krishna is his devoted companion, always following him.
Indications: This nakshatra promotes balance in a relationship. They are focused in their goals, but are able to maintain and balance friendships. Their friendly cooperation with others can bring them fame and recognition. They have superb leadership and organizational skills especially with large groups of people, like in organizations. Sensual and loving they know how to share and accommodate others; their gift is dealing with people. Also they have an ability to work with numbers. Traditionally they have difficult relationships with their mothers. Faithful and dedicated to the ones they love, they do have a melancholy side. There can be a jealous streak with a controlling angry side. They have been known to live far from their place of birth. There are many opportunities for travel, for they love variety.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion generally have a handsome face with bright eyes. In some cases where the natal planetary aspects are particularly adverse, the face may carry a severe expression.
2. Character and general events: This native has an aptitude for handling even the most difficult situations in a systematic way. Even then, he is liable to face a number of obstacles in his life. Nevertheless he is a hardworking person who has an inherent optimism and a ‘never say die’ attitude; he is always ready to complete the task before him and will, in the end and despite all his setbacks, achieve the desired result.
As these natives are inclined to repeatedly mull over even the smallest of problems, peace of mind tend to elude them, and they can often be recognized by the permanently frustrated look on their face. Even though they have a strong belief in a Supreme Being, they tend to hold grudges and find it difficult to forget even minor misdemeanors committed against them, and will continually think about taking revenge when the situation arises.
They are a paradox, they are quite helpless in many situations, yet are fiercely independent. As a result they find it hard to maintain a balanced relationship with anyone.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion can be successful self-employed businessmen; but if employed, have a special talent for getting their superiors to do their bidding. This native may, for one reason or another, have to start earning his livelihood at the relatively young age of 17 or 18 years. Subsequently there will be many ups and downs in his life, consisting mostly of difficult periods interspersed with good periods, until he reaches 48 years of age. After 48 years of age things will look up considerably and he will be able to settle down and organize himself the way he wants, and be free from most of life’s tribulations. If the Moon is aligned with Mars in his horoscope, he may deal in chemicals or in pharmaceutical products or be a medical doctor.
4. Family life: Relationships with siblings are unlikely to be supportive and close. These natives are also unlikely to get much support from their father, while in some cases their relationship with their father involves frequent friction. Equally, they may also have suffered a lack of affection from their mother. It is therefore not surprising that they usually settle down well away from their childhood home. Nevertheless all this deprivation will be made up for to a point by a rather happy marriage to a conscientious and devoted spouse. As a result of his childhood experiences, he will be determined that his own children shall not experience the same unhappiness he suffered, and he will dedicate himself to their welfare by providing them with a great deal of support and affection. As a result his children will achieve much greater success and status in life than was ever possible for him.
5. Health: The health of males born under this Mansion is generally good. Some potential weaknesses may manifest as coughs and colds, sore throat, asthma, dental problems, and constipation. Because they usually fail to take their health problems serious enough, they are inclined to be rather non-compliant with any medicines they need to take and any recommended treatments.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion have a curvaceous body shape with a small waist, and a face with a rather innocent expression.
2. Character and general events: This native is kind and selfless and has a pleasant disposition; there is no place for arrogance in her life. She is pragmatic and likes to dress simply, practically and tastefully; current fashions hold little interest for her. She respects those in authority and those older than herself. As a result she tends to gather a large circle of friends around her.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Many performing arts professionals have been born under this Mansion and it is therefore not surprising that these natives generally incline towards an interest in music and the fine arts; and that they often attain a University degree in this area, or at the very least achieve a high degree of knowledge in music or the performing arts. These natives can also achieve great prominence in the social and political field.
4. Family life: She is very dedicated to her responsibilities, whether these relate to her family, her community or to her religious affiliations. Once married, she is devoted to her husband and her children, and takes care of her children in a most able manner and is often seen by others as a model parent. Her helpfulness and kindness makes her greatly admired by her in-laws and tends to forge a close relationship between her and that part of the family.
5. Health: There are inherent weaknesses associated with females born under this Mansion that predispose them to headaches and sinus problems. In addition there may be menstrual irregularities or painful menstruation.
Jyeshta “the eldest” 16°40 to 30°00 Scorpio.
Symbol: circular amulet, umbrella, earring.
Deity: Indra, chef of the gods.
Mythology: Jyeshta was the oldest of the 27 sisters and felt betrayed and jealous of the fact that Soma their husband favored her younger sister Rohini.
Indications: There is a sense of betrayal and abandonment indicated by the myth. They have a sense of seniority and superiority due to age and experience. They are very protective of themselves and loved ones. They possess hidden occult powers. They are the wise ones who have the wisdom that only age and experience can give. As the patriarch or matriarch of the family they are the ones who will run the show. They know how to deal with wealth and power. Their lives are not easy and some may experience hardship and poverty. They are reclusive, secretive with few friends. Their inventive profound minds provoke them to seek the deeper meaning on life. At times they can be arrogant and hypocritical, because of their low self-esteem.
1. Physical features: The appearance of males born under this Mansion suggests a great deal of physical stamina. They have quite handsome features; although they have in most cases some dental imperfection; this may consist of a gap between their teeth, or of slightly forward protruding front teeth, or show by some teeth having a different color to others.
2. Character and general events: These natives’ minds are disciplined and very practical; but as they tend to dislike showing off, few people are aware of their qualities. To others they may appear confident and proud, but those who get to know them eventually learn that they are full of insecurity and doubt, and that they have difficulty facing even relatively small issues. Because of this they are prone to alcohol and drug addiction, which if not properly guarded against, will quickly get out of hand and destroy their reputation, their career and their family life.
They cannot keep secrets and maintain confidentiality, even if these pertain to private issues of their own life. They need to communicate with others and any secret they have will haunt their mind and keep them awake at night until they share it.
They have a bad temper and can be obstinate and will readily enter into conflict with others; they will even mistreat those who try to help them. This often gets them into a great deal of trouble and can stop them from progressing in life. They rarely accept the advice given by others, and will act according to the way they see an issue. Unfortunately, their decisions are often poorly thought through and will on many occasions land them in a precarious situation.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion usually leave their home at a very young age to find refuge well away from their childhood environment. They soon learn to support themselves and usually progress quickly because of the sincerity they show in their work. They do however tend to change their job or profession often.
The life of these natives is full of trials and tribulations from 18 years of age to 26 years of age, during which time they may suffer financial problems and emotional or even mental problems. From 27 years of age on, stability will slowly but surely enter into their life, but they will not find the sought-for equilibrium and satisfaction in life until they are 50 years old.
4. Family life: Those born under this Mansion often find that their independent nature makes it difficult to achieve closeness to their mother and siblings, and that they are also unlikely to get much support from them in return.
The married life of this native is likely to be happy, as his spouse will tend to counterbalance any personal insecurity and will be his pillar in life. This however also means that his spouse is likely to be in charge of the home, and to some extent his life. She will understand his weaknesses and will vigorously combat any sign of addiction the moment it starts to manifest. The problems in his marriage that are likely to cause him a great deal of anguish are not due to conflict, but are likely to be due to the occasional health problems of his wife or may be caused by a forced separation brought on by unavoidable circumstances.
5. Health: Males born under this Mansion tend to have many niggling although rarely serious health problems throughout their life. These are likely to include: coughs and colds, fevers, asthma, stomach problems and dysentery. They may also suffer from severe pain in arms and shoulders.
1. Physical appearance: Females born under this Mansion are generally above average height and have a well-proportioned and muscular body with relatively long arms. The face is broad and the hair is short and curly.
2. Character and general events: These natives are intelligent, thoughtful and perceptive, and are good organizers. Their emotions tend to be dominant, and they can be subject to strong jealousies and powerful impulses. They are very determined and rarely accept the advice given by others, and will act according to the way they see an issue. Unfortunately their decisions are often poorly thought through, and this frequently lands them into a great deal of trouble. They can also be rather petulant and are prepared to involve themselves in an argument on even a minor issue. In addition they tend to be somewhat preoccupied and sensitive about what others say about them; which means that even those who are trying to help them can end up wearing the brunt of their frustration.
3. Education, sources of income/profession: These natives’ education is most commonly at secondary level. They like being involved in sport or similar activities. When married, they are usually not interested in a personal career or employment outside the home. Nevertheless, they are often the ‘power behind the throne’, as they like to spur their husband on towards greater social or career achievement, and thus endeavor to enrich their own life through his achievements.
4. Family life: Those born under this Mansion often find that their stubborn and petulant nature makes closeness to their family difficult to achieve, and that they are also unlikely to get much support from them in return. Once married, marital harmony may elude this native, unless she learns to become more accommodating to others in the family. There is also the danger that any excessive controls exercised by her on her children when they are young, will cause them to become estranged from her when they mature. Further, there is a need for caution when dealing with neighbors and relatives, as these may concoct stories against her and thus put poison into her life. Her life will have more than its fair share of the usual worry and concerns and there may be some loss associated with her offspring, unless there are strong positive alignments in her horoscope that indicate otherwise.
5. Health: The health of female natives of this Mansion tends to be like their life, full of ups and downs. They have a tendency towards uterine problems and to goiter. There is also a likelihood of pain in arms and shoulders.
Mula “the root” 0°00 to 13°20 Sagittarius.
Symbol: bunch of roots tied together, or an elephant goad, (gives the elephant direction).
Deity: Nirriti, the god of dissolution and destruction.
Mythology: Nirriti means “calamity”, and is the goddess of destruction who lives in the kingdom of the dead. Nirriti has the power to ruin, destroy and break things apart. It is sometimes called Alakshmi or denial of Lakshmi (prosperity). She is depicted as Kali the fierce goddess who wears a necklace of skulls and human heads dangle from her belt. Her wild dance destroys illusions; she helps us see reality, the disgusting and beautiful.
Indications: Called the “Root Star” they have a passionate nature that wants to get to the bottom of things. They are good at investigation, and research. They feel bound and trapped by the circumstances of their life, and can get caught up in blaming others or their environment. There can be extreme reversals in their lives with great losses. There seems to be cruelty, pain, and sharpness. Material fortunes seem to be stripped away, the lesson of non-attachment leads to spiritual realization. Resentment and betrayal are common. The deep sense of loss forces them to look deeper and seek a higher power, transforming their experiences into enlightenment. Excesses lead to compulsive behavior. There may be an interest in healing with herbs or alternative medicine.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are handsome, with a good physique, well-formed limbs and bright eyes.
2. Character and general events: These natives have a kind and non-aggressive nature and are highly principled. It is sometimes thought that those of this Mansion do not have inner strength, but this is generally not true. These natives can weather all adversity and move any obstacles, and in the end reach their goal. They are not anxious about the future, nor concerned about personal difficulties; they place life’s obstacles in the hands of Divine Providence and face the world with courage and optimism.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: They can give excellent advice to others but have difficulty organizing their own life, particularly as regards their financial income and expenditure, with the result that these natives often end up in debt. Despite this contradictory characteristic, they are well suited to a professional career as a financial advisor or as a religious counselor; but are in fact capable of great achievement in virtually any field of human endeavor, and particularly in the fine arts, as a writer and in social work.
As they have a broad range of talents, they will develop a wide range of skills and will change their profession or trade frequently; indeed those of this Mansion rarely stay in one field of endeavor for an extended period of time. That also means that income will be more or less spasmodic and that they are often short of money. In addition they like to be with their ‘mates’ and tend to be too generous with them, but because they are honest and will not get involved in any dubious schemes, they are often permanently in the red. Thus it is important that they become more focused on their own and their family’s needs and try to improve the reliability and the measure of their income.
Nevertheless, these natives are the most conscientious of all the Mansions and will devote themselves to their work and to anyone who has placed their faith and trust in them.
Those born under the Mansion of Origin rarely succeed in or near the place of their birth; it is therefore desirable that they look for opportunities in a professional or a business field in a foreign place or at least well away from their native place, where their chances for success are much greater.
4. Family life: It is likely that this natives parents were, for one reason or another, not able give him much support, which means that his achievements are his own and that he is, or will be, a self-made man. His married life is likely to be more or less happy, and his spouse will have all the qualities that could be expected from a dedicated and loyal partner.
5. Health: Normally male natives of this Mansion do not take good care of their health. With the result that health problems serious enough to cause concern are likely to occur when they are 27, 31, 44, 48, 56 and 60 years of age. Potential health problems are: stomach problems, chronic lung infections, intermittent fevers and stroke. They often present well even when seriously ill, as they do not tend to show suffering in their facial expression. Drug and alcohol abuse must be guarded against at all cost, as it is almost impossible for these natives to shake an addiction once it has taken hold.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion have a medium or ruddy complexion, depending on their ethnic type. The front teeth tend to have small gaps between them.
2. Character and general events: These natives are generally kind-hearted, but can be quite obstinate at times, even in regards to relatively minor issues. Since they tend to lack tact, they quite often land themselves in ‘hot water’.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Females born under this Mansion have in most cases little interest in study and often opt out of secondary or tertiary education, and thus rarely acquire a high level of academic achievement. It is also not uncommon for them to have to repeat a subject, a term or a class. There is an exception to this, and that occurs if Jupiter is located in, or is placed in opposition to this Mansion; in this case the opposite takes place and these natives have an outstanding educational record and reach the heights of academic achievement. In such a case they are very likely to have a highly successful and well-paid career, which may be in medicine, or in another area that requires considerable expertise.
4. Family life: These natives often have some problems associated with their married life. The severity and nature of these problems will depend to a great extend on other signs in the natal horoscope; if these are good, there may simply be some delay in the marriage; if adverse, there may be a separation from her husband either through conflict or because the husband falls victim to some illness. If the position of Mars in the horoscope is unfavorable, she may have to face a lot of problems from her husband or her children.
5. Health: Potential health problems for female natives of this Mansion are: rheumatism, lumbago, and hip or back pain combined with pain in the arms and shoulders.
Purva Ashadha “early victory” or “the undefeated” 13°20 to 26°40 Sagittarius.
Symbol: elephant tusk, fan, or a winnowing basket, used for ridding corn of its husks.
Deity: Apah or water deified as a god.
Mythology: Apah is the cosmic waters spreading in all directions giving rise to all humanity. It is an invigorating power. Varuna is another ruling deity because of his protection of the seas and giving rain. Water is one of the most powerful forces in nature.
Indications: Called the “Invincible Star” they are invincible, proud and independent. They have influence and power over others. There is a philosophical and emotional depth. There is a strong need to always better their life or improve their situation, and can be seen as a social climber. They are fearless, aggressive, confrontational, and controlling towards achieving their goals. They want popularity and to spread their name. This nakshatra is associated with declarations of war, and their temperament is a bit angry and sharp. The formal education seems to be disrupted. There is an association with water, and rule any industry or travel pertaining to water, seas, ocean, or overseas travel. They are always successful and their success comes at an early age. Great oratory abilities make them successful at debates. Their fearlessness can lead to restlessness and an obstinate aggressive disposition. Skillful in intuiting others shadows, but somehow blinds them to their own flaws, and sense of self-denials.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion usually have good physical features; they are slim and tall in appearance, and have a narrow waist and long arms. The teeth are well spaced and proportioned, the ears have well-developed ear lobes, and the eyes are bright.
2. Character and general events: These natives dislike pretense and are sincere, honest and humble. They value higher principles and justice and would never knowingly do anything that would hurt others. They have unusual intelligence and can sway anyone to their point of view, while no-one can defeat them in a debate. They do however tend to jump to conclusions; which means that no matter how convincing their argument may be, the facts may not support it. In addition, they can be quite stubborn and opinionated and refuse to give in to a different opinion than their own, irrespective as to whether it is right or wrong. Thus they are happy to counsel others but will not be counseled themselves.
These natives are not good decision-makers, and can find having to make a decision on even a relatively minor matter quite challenging. Once they are impelled by either circumstances or by argument to make a choice, they do so without thinking through the pros and cons and will then doggedly stick to their decision to the end, irrespective as to its merits. While they will give others the impression that they are courageous, it is only when circumstances are forced upon them that their courage will come to the fore.
They are happy to help others without asking for anything in return, but as a reward they often suffer criticism and have difficulty in maintaining long-term friendships. In fact, most of their greatest benefits in life will come from strangers, rather than acquaintances. Success in life will mainly come if they are able to fully dedicate themselves to the achievement of a particular goal. Religion often appeals to these natives and they usually involve themselves in some way in religious or spiritual activities or disciplines. They make savvy antique collectors and may also have an interest in writing poetry.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Although they can be successful in almost any field, they are particularly suited to a profession in a medical field, or a career associated with the fine arts. There is however a warning that they must avoid any venture that is not supported by dependable employees or managers. These natives are often attracted to, and are able to achieve great success in areas such as esoteric philosophy, or in sciences that are associated with the uncovering of hidden secrets, such as forensics or physics.
Their life will consist of a great deal of trail and error until they are 32 years of age. After this, they will slowly start climbing the ladder of success and the period of life between 32 years and 50 years of age will be very good.
4. Family life: This native’s parents are unlikely to provide him with a great deal of support. This will be made up for to some extend by the support his siblings give him, and particularly by that provided by his brothers. He will spend most of his life in a location quite distant from his place of birth or in a foreign land.
His marriage may be delayed, and/or be associated with some competitive circumstances. Once married however, the union will be a more or less happy and he is likely to be closer to his wife and in-laws than his own family. Nevertheless, there will initially be frequent disharmony between the couple, but the differences will sort themselves out in time and the relationship will become more tranquil. He will not have many children, perhaps two, but they will be respectful towards him and highly talented in their own right, and bring name and fame to the family.
5. Health: Although male natives of this Mansion tend to look healthy, their constitution is usually not strong. As they are also inclined to refuse to take proper care of their health, they often suffer from chronic and intractable health problems. Thus they are prone to lung problems, including asthma, bronchitis, severe and chronic cough, and chronic lung infections. In addition they may suffer from thigh problems, rheumatic disorders, intermittent fever or cardiovascular disease. Even when seriously ill, these natives will refuse to take time off from their work, which they feel must be completed at all cost.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are very attractive, if not striking in appearance. The complexion and hair tends to be fair relative to the native’s ethnic type, while the eyes are almond-shaped and magnetic, and the nose is relatively long but graceful.
2. Character and general events: These natives are intelligent, enthusiastic, energetic and vital, and there is no obstacle so great that it will daunt them. They are not obstinate however, and tend to come into their own when the going gets tough. They will weigh every issue on its merits and will only make a final decision after much deliberation. Unfortunately they are inclined to have two traits that can create problems for them at times; they will say things the way they see them whether others like it or not, and they have a habit of making promises that they cannot or will not fulfill. Nevertheless, these are determined and truthful individuals, who have considerable leadership qualities, and who also have a great love for pets and other animals.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Females born under this Mansion are usually well educated. They may have a career as a teacher, work as a Bank employee or be attached to a religious institution. A career as a publisher, writer or journalist may be indicated if Mercury is conjunct with the Moon in the natal chart.
4. Family life: She is dedicated to her family and dutiful in her home. When married, there may be some conflict initially, which may arise because her lack of diplomacy and her tendency to take charge creates a rift between her and her husband. As time goes on however she will fine-tune her communication skills and develop increasingly greater attachment to her husband, with the result that her marriage and her life will also become happier. Support from her children will be somewhat limited. Sometimes these natives have, for some reason, a strong dislike of their parents and brothers.
5. Health: The health of female natives of this Mansion is generally good. There is however some potential lung weakness, which could lead to asthma, bronchitis, severe and chronic cough, and chronic lung infections. Other potential problems include acute conditions of the womb, problems with the thighs, rheumatic disorders, intermittent fever and cardiovascular disease.
Uttara Ashadha “latter victory” or “latter unconquered” 27°40 Sagittarius to 10°00 Capricorn.
Symbol: elephant tusk, or a small cot or planks of a bed.
Deity: Vishvadevas, means all gods or Universal gods.
Mythology: The Vishvadevas are the ten sons of god Dharma. Their power is to grant unchallengeable victory. They deal with the laws of time, universal principles, karma, and right action.
Indications: Called the “Universal Star” they are much like their other half Purva Ashadha but a bit softer, milder and not as intense. They are enduring, invincible, and very patient. They fight for what they believe is right, highly righteous and responsible, with the highest degree of integrity. They practice what they preach. Sincere in everyway, they cannot lie. Commitment to their ideals makes them very humanitarian. They can be driven like a workaholic, extremely persistent when excited, but if they lose interest they become lazy, introspective, and not finish what they started. Thy have deep powers to penetrate or quest for spiritual information. They are leaders, very ambitious which leads them to notoriety. In the latter part of their life they become more successful, and victorious. Marriage can be difficult because they are stubborn, self-centered and lose interest.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion tend to be tall and have a graceful and well-proportioned physical frame. They are relatively fair, relative to their ethnic type. The head is broad, the nose somewhat longer than average and the eyes are bright and have a slightly reddish hue.
Character and general events: These natives are charming, refined, soft spoken, and sincere and have a trusting expression. They do not like show and pretense and prefer to dress simply and practically, and this even applies if they occupy a high social position. They are respectful to all persons, and especially to females. They usually have high principles, irrespective as to whether they subscribe to a religious belief or not. They are also private individuals that are not easy to get to know and only those that have a great deal of contact with them, get to know to some extent what they are all about.
These natives are straight-forward in words and actions and sincere in everything they do; they do not like to deceive others or cause problems, so much so that they will often land themselves into problems because of their inherent honesty. Discussions with others will be without any expression of ill-will and even when there is conflict, or a difference of opinion, they remain polite and will not express their displeasure. Nevertheless, they will not be persuaded by others against their principles and will firmly stand their ground, but once they realize that something they have said or done is incorrect, they will not hesitate to change their approach and apologize. A person born under this Mansion tends to remain cautious when dealing with others, even those he has known for a long time; once he trusts someone fully however, nothing will be able to shake his confidence in that person. He will not make hasty decisions, and will only come to a conclusion after full consultation with those he trusts. On the negative side, although he will actively involve himself in any endeavor, he is happy to let others do most of the hard work and is also inclined to feel that others are responsible for his welfare. Those born under this Mansion require recognition and praise for just about everything they do, otherwise they are inclined to become discouraged and unhappy. These natives also tend to suffer from mood swings and they may be elated one moment, and sink into despondency the next.
As these natives often have to shoulder a great deal of responsibilities at a relatively young age, they are usually very competent in dealing with responsibility once they mature.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion need to be very careful with anything that is potentially controversial; there is a need to be very discriminating as regards to whom they collaborate or deal with, otherwise failure will be certain. Success and prosperity is likely to come into their life from 38 years of age on.
4. Family life: Normally the early childhood of these natives is fairly good, but they may have to face a lot of unexpected family difficulties and problems somewhat later. Often important changes take place in the family environment of these natives between 28 and 31 years of age.
Married life will be quite happy most of the time. In most cases the person they marry is both devoted and loving. Difficulties in the marriage generally do not arise from conflict, but rather out of concern for the health of the spouse, who may suffer from conditions associated with metabolic hyperacidity or from uterine disorders. The down-side in life is likely to be his children who will cause him a great deal of unhappiness and concern.
5. Health: Weaknesses that males born under this Mansion are likely to be subject to are: stomach problems, poor eyesight or some inherent eye defect, lung disease and paralysis of the limbs.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion usually have a somewhat solid build, a wide forehead, and a nose that is slightly larger than average. The eyes are striking, and the teeth are well-spaced and proportioned.
2. Character and general events: These natives usually have high principles that are often, but not necessarily, based on a strong religious belief. If they are religious, they will strictly observe its customs and principles; but if they are not religious, there will be a strong focus on civil or ethnic observances and/or events.
These natives do not like show and pretense and prefer to dress simply and practically; this even applies if they occupy a high social position. They are also private individuals that are not easy to get to know, and only those that have a great deal of contact with them get to know to some extent what they are all about.
A female born under this Mansion is inclined to be straight-forward in words and actions and sincere in everything she does; discussions with others will be without any expression of ill-will and even when there is conflict, or a difference of opinion, she will usually retain her cool. She is cautious when dealing with others, even with those she has known for a long time; once she trusts someone fully however, nothing will be able to shake her faith in that person. She is not inclined to make hasty decisions, and likes to consult trusted friends or family before coming to a conclusion. On the negative side, these natives can be quite undiplomatic in their approach, particularly if they feel that they are right, and they will then land themselves into trouble because they will not back down or be persuaded by others to give in. On the other hand, whenever they perceive themselves to be wrong, they will not hesitate to change their approach and apologize. Another weakness is their need for recognition and praise for just about everything they do, without which they are inclined to become discouraged and unhappy. These natives often suffer from mood swings; they may be elated one moment, and sink into despondency the next.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Females natives of this Mansion are generally well educated. They may be employed as a teacher or a Bank employee; or be attached to a religious institution. They may earn an income from writing or publishing if their natal Mercury is conjunct with their natal Moon.
4.Family life: Happiness in her married life is often marred by concerns regarding her husband, which may be due to his separation from her or be due to some other problem connected with him. Of the 28 Lunar Mansions, the happiest marriage for this native is likely to result from a union with those born under the Lunar Mansion of the Descendants and those born under the Fortunate Lunar Mansion.
5. Health: Common health problems for females of this Mansion are: colic, abdominal bloating, borborygmus, hernia and uterine problems.
Shravana “to hear” 10°00 to 23°20 Capricorn.
Symbol: ear, or three footprints in an uneven row.
Deity: Vishnu, the preserver of the Universe.
Mythology: Vishnu spanned the universe in three steps denoting his expansive travels as well as his expansive travel to the three worlds.
Indications: This is the star of listening, also called the “Star of Learning”. They are always questing for knowledge, and information. They can be very intellectual. Wisdom and the spoken word are very important here. They make great teachers, or perpetual students. Counseling is a gift for they have the ability to truly listen. Their sense of hearing can be very acute and sensitive. They are very traditional and want to uncover knowledge of the past. Listening and participating in gossip are common, even though they are extremely sensitive and hurt as a result. Their restless nature causes them to travel extensively, usually in a pursuit of knowledge. There seems to be trouble and disappointments early in life, and some disabilities. With age they slowly regain their sense of self-confidence. They can walk with a limp or an unusual gate.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion usually have a shorter stature than average. They are however quite handsome in appearance. There is often a distinguishing mark on the face, which may be the form of a mole or a scar, or appear as some other mark. Sometimes they have a small black mole below the shoulder.
2. Character and general events: This native tends to communicate in a pleasant manner and be very neat in everything he does. Equally, he expects his surroundings to be clean and tidy and dislikes those who clutter his world, and will not hesitate to reproach those whom he feels do not demonstrate and adequate level of neatness. He has empathy for others, and will do everything he can to help those in distress. Nevertheless, he cannot expect much support from those whom he has helped, and is inclined to suffer through being deceived by others. He tries to see good in all people and has a deep sense of justice; if he catches a felon, he will try to find out what drove him to his crime; and if he becomes convinced there are extenuating circumstances, he will let the culprit go. His inherent peacefulness and his social skillfulness will be noticed by those around him, while his charming and disarming smile ensures that he is not easily forgotten by those whose path he crosses in life. This is why he is eminently suited to the modern political arena. He exercises high – and likely religious -principles in his life, has a deep respect for those that are or have been his mentors, and is not interested in exacting revenge on even his bitterest enemies, as he firmly believes that truth and justice will win out in the end. He is a very good adviser, and will be much sought after by others to solve personal problems as well as problems related to group dynamics. He is intelligent, resourceful and versatile, and is able to do several different tasks at the same time. Even if he grows up in a relatively uneducated environment, he will show remarkable maturity for his age will try to gather knowledge at every opportunity. As he has the potential for great success in a position of power or authority, he will intuitively seek out opportunities that suit his nature.
Since he has to shoulder many responsibilities in his life and he needs a great deal in the way of financial resources to do so, he always tends to be short of money. Thus whatever good or bad times may come, he will never be rich and independent and will also never be destitute. In other words, his material life will be average.
He is a connoisseur of fine food and as such makes an excellent host.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Normally several changes take place in the life of these natives, until they are 30 years of age. From then on and until 45 years of age, there will be marked stability in all aspects of their lives. After 65 years of age there will be a great deal of economic progress and social advancement.
Those born under this Mansion are suited to mechanical work, technical work and engineering. They are also sometimes connected in some way with petroleum or its products.
4. Family life: Home life and married life are usually very happy for these natives. Their spouse is likely to be devoted to them and to the family. They must be on guard against any temptation that could lead to infidelity because of the distress it would cause those whom they love.
5. Health: Constitutional weaknesses associated with males born under this Mansion can lead to: ear problem, eczema, skin diseases, rheumatism, chronic lung infections and indigestion.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion tend to be tall and slim, with a proportionally large head, a wide face and a prominent nose. The teeth are of a good size, while the front teeth have gaps between them.
2. Character and general events: These natives are generous and empathetic towards the disadvantaged. They are usually devoted to some ideal which may well be of a religious nature and in most cases make a number pilgrimages or journeys to places of significance during their life. They are quite savvy and can sum up a situation quickly, and then adapt expertly and effectively to the unfolding circumstances. Their down-side is that they like to show off and that they tend to be inveterate chatter-boxes with little control over their tongue.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Females born under this Mansion incline towards an interest in the fine arts. Because they have great physical coordination, they are well suited to the performing arts, as well as certain fast-paced team sports. If this native has no secondary education she may well work as a shop assistant, be employed in a domestic capacity, work in an agricultural area, etc. If she has secondary or better education, she is often employed as a clerk, a receptionist, a secretary, or in any other similar field.
4. Family life: As she tends to be a perfectionist in the home, she will experience frequent friction on the domestic front. If she learns to loosen up a little and give others room to move, she may well find her home life a great deal happier and rewarding. While she is a realist when it comes to dealing with the outside world, she has an unrealistic and idealized perception of her husband’s qualities. Nevertheless, she is much adored by her family, who take a great deal of pride in having her as a mother.
5. Health: There is an inherent atopic weakness associated with females of this Mansion that manifests primarily as skin disorders. Thus they may suffer from eczema, rashes, skin infections, infected pimples, boils and carbuncles and parasitic infections that affect the skin. In addition there may be a tendency to ear problems and chronic lung infections.
Dhanishta “the richest one” 23°20 Capricorn to 6°40 Aquarius.
Symbol: drum or a flute.
Deity: The eight Vasus, deities of the earth that give abundance on the material plane.
Mythology: The eight Vasus are the solar gods of light and energy. They are earth deities that give abundance on the material plane. Vasu means “light” “benefic” indicating a charitable attitude, and high virtues.
Indications: The “Star of Symphony”, there is considerable material wealth, ownership of property and real estate with this nakshatra. As to the symbols of musical instruments, some do possess musical ability. The “Star of Symphony”, there is considerable material wealth, ownership of property and real estate with this nakshatra. As to the symbols of musical instruments, some do possess musical ability and love dancing, for they are able to keep a beat. With this notion they are great at timing, this can refer to having a knack for being at the right place at the right time. There seems to be emptiness from within, for the musical instruments, a drum and flute are hollow. They are constantly trying to fill this void, and this may be the cause of their problems in relationships and marital discord. Marriage may be delayed or denied. There is a tendency to live up to the expectations of others. They can be materialistic, and gain fame and recognition. They must be careful not to be too self absorbed, greedy, and narcissistic. They love the excitement of travel.
1. Physical features: Male natives of this Mansion are usually tall and slim, but can in some cases be of a rather solid build.
2. Character and general events: Those born under this Mansion have a good intelligence and all-round knowledge and will strive to become expert in every task they undertake. They have high principles, which may or may not be based upon a religious faith, and like to progress in life on their own merits and through their own efforts. They dislike creating conflict in any circumstance and will usually wait to show disapproval of a situation or action until they feel that the unfolding events provide no other option. Nevertheless, if they have a score to settle with anyone they will be in no hurry to do so; they have the memory of an elephant and will patiently bide their time and strike back when the opportunity arises.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: These natives are suitable for a variety of different careers; in fact many scientists and historians have been born under this Mansion. As these natives have a strong sense of discretion, they are eminently suited to a career in government intelligence, a secretarial career or a senior executive position. They have a developed ability to think through complex problems, irrespective of their educational background; thus they are masters of the reasoned argument, which means that they are perhaps best suited for a professional career in Law.
These natives generally make considerable progress from 24 years of age onwards, as far as their earning capacity is concerned. All-in-all, they should take great care when placing their trust in others, especially since they are likely to be engaged in a profession or trade that involves a great deal of trust.
4. Family life: Because a male born under this Mansion is usually seen as responsible and reliable by his family, there is often an expectation that he take on a major administrative role when needed. Although he tends to be close to his siblings, his family is likely to cause him many problems and embarrassments. Nevertheless, if placements of other planets in the chart are good, he may well have inherited considerable family assets. His marriage will more than likely be happy and fortunate; happy because his wife will be his strong supporter and fortunate because his financial fortunes will go on the ascendancy once he is married. Conversely however, he is unlikely to get much support from his in-laws.
5. Health: Although male natives of this Mansion tend to have a number of niggling health problems during their life, they do not like to focus on themselves. It is only when an illness really gets out of hand that an effort is made to correct the problem. They are difficult patients and do not like to be restricted or confined and will the moment they can, drag themselves off, sick or not, to their work. These natives are prone to whooping cough, anemia and other blood disorders, but rarely suffer from a chronic or prolonged illness.
1. Physical features: Female natives of this Mansion have an attractive appearance and also seem to possess the fountain of youth, as they will often still look youthful when they are in their forties. The facial features are even and the lips full. In some cases during early childhood protruding permanent teeth will have to be, or will have been corrected.
2. Character and general events: These natives generally have a good intelligence and all-round knowledge and are ambitious and full of aspiration. They are independent and are rarely happier than when they are spending money, but like to progress in life on their own merits and through their own efforts. They are broad-minded, but have high principles, which may or may not be based upon a religious faith; and are self-effacing and empathetic towards those down on their luck. They dislike generating conflict under any circumstances and will usually wait to show her disapproval of a situation or action until they feel that the unfolding events provide no other option. Nevertheless, if they have a score to settle with anyone they are in no hurry to do so; they have the memory of an elephant and will patiently bide their time until the opportunity to strike back presents itself.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: These natives are suited to a variety of different careers, but their greatest talents appear to lie in the field of education, particularly in the areas of literature and the sciences. Thus many of those born under this Mansion become teachers, lecturers or researchers in one field or another.
As these natives are quite discreet, they are also eminently suited to a secretarial career, a career in government intelligence, or a senior executive position. Natives of this Mansion need to guard against treachery from others, particularly as regards their career.
4. Family life: Because these natives are usually responsible and reliable, they tend to be expert administrators in their home and are usually the rock-solid foundation of a marriage. They can however be somewhat of a control-freak, which is something they must learn to curb for the sake of harmony not only in the home, but also in their work environment.
5. Health: Although female natives of this Mansion tend to have a number of niggling health problems during their life, they do not like to focus on themselves. It is only when an illness really gets out of hand that an effort is made to correct the problem. When ill, these natives will the moment they can, drag themselves off, sick or not, back to their duties. Health weaknesses in females born under this Mansion tend to manifest as: acute uterine disorders, anemia, toxemia and corruption of the blood.
Shatabhishak “a hundred healers” 6°40 to 20°00 Aquarius.
Symbol: empty circle, or a thousand flowers or stars.
Deity: Varuna, god of the cosmic waters, of the sky and earth.
Mythology: Varuna pours out the waters of life that heals all illness and gives immortality. He is the divine healer, and is the god of maya and illusion. He gives divine grace from sincere repentance.
Indications: Called the “Veiling Star”, this nakshatra is about healing the human condition spiritually and physically. They may be healers or doctors. The symbol of the empty circle represents the void of space, what is behind the veil, indicating illusions or maya, and inner vision. They are profoundly mystical, meditative, philosophical, scientific, and are visionaries. They are very secretive, and reclusive. There is an affinity to star watching, and this can apply to astronomers as well as astrologers. They can be moody, lonely and depressed. Intensely opinionated and stubborn they think they know it all and have nothing to learn from others, because they are above them. Alcoholic beverages are ruled by this nakshatra. Difficult to heal or hard to cure diseases come under this rulership. There is a connection with electricity.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are aristocratic and proud in appearance, with a large forehead, attractive eyes, a rather prominent nose and a bright expression. They are sometimes somewhat portly with a large abdomen.
2. Character and general events: These natives are uncompromising people, who cannot be changed by anyone once they make up their mind. They have been born with certain immutable principles which they must uphold. As a result they often get into confrontations with others. When they are provoked, they roar like a wounded lion, but their anger quickly subsides; they are fundamentally selfless people who would not hesitate to sacrifice everything for what they believe to be right. Although a person born under this Mansion is usually clever and discerning enough to see through most ploys, they will often act against their own best judgment because of their inherent kindheartedness. They are tightly bound to traditions, whether these are of a religious nature or otherwise. Nevertheless they do not believe in pretense and will shrink from making a show of their talents. Others quickly become aware of their talents however, because just about any conversation with them soon becomes interesting, instructive and educational. Nevertheless, just like all men, they are a composite of both good and bad.
3. Education, sources of income/profession: The intellectual capacity and literary potential of these natives tends to show while still quite young. As they have an excellent memory, they are capable of reaching very high levels of education. They are well suited for the practice of psychology and the healing arts; it is therefore not surprising that many eminent doctors and research scientists were born under this Mansion. Until 34 years of age there will tend to be difficulties for them in their professional field; after this they will not look back and will make continual progress in their career.
4. Family life: Generally these natives have to deal with a lot of problems in relation to those they love. Yet they are always ready to help, and will do so spontaneously if the need arises. They often suffer a great deal of mental duress on account of their brother(s), and usually have little support from their father, although their mother will dote over them.
While these natives usually marry wisely and have a life partner who is an excellent companion, deep relationships may be difficult because their intellect tends to suppress their feelings. Thus they may seek happiness through discreet extramarital affairs, but will also fail to find it there. Indeed, if Saturn and Jupiter are in an adverse aspect, these natives may never marry at all and remain bachelors for life.
5. Health: Males born under this Mansion usually appear very healthy, but that is not their experience, as even the slightest affliction can cause intolerable distress. Potential health problem are: conditions arising from exposure to cold, colic, dyspnea, diabetes and urinary tract problems. They may also have problems with their jaw.
1. Physical features: Female natives of this Mansion are tall and slim, elegant and attractive. Their lips are red, the cheek bones broad, the temples prominent, and the buttocks rounded.
2. Character and general events: They are basically sanguine in nature, are empathetic and generous, and do not expect anything in return for their acts of kindness. They usually also practice a religion, but if this is not the case, are at the very least devoted to an ideal, in which they are deeply involved. They can however become quite hot-tempered if they believe they are being crossed, which may be the reason why they are quite often misunderstood, not only by people in general, but also by their own family.
3. Education, sources of income/profession: The intellectual potential of this native will show while still quite young, and may well involve an interest in science. As she has an excellent memory, she is capable of achieving a very high level of education. She is well suited for the practice of psychology and the healing arts; it is therefore not surprising that many eminent doctors and research scientists have been born under this Mansion.
4. Family life: Their hot temper often leads to family quarrels and has the potential to create a great deal of anxiety in these natives’ life. While a female born under this Mansion is usually sensible enough to marry a man she loves and adores, there will be many problems in her married life, which may consist of long separations from her husband, estrangement or even widowhood.
5. Health: These natives usually appear healthy, but their health is always a cause of concern for them, as even minor affliction can cause a great deal of distress. Potential health problems for females born under this Mansion are: colic, urinary problems, uterine disorders and chest pain.
Purva Bhadrapada “the former happy feet” 20°00 Aquarius to 3°20 Pisces.
Symbol: sword or two front legs of a funeral cot, or a man with two faces.
Deity: Ajaikapada the “one footed goat” a form of Rudra or and ancient fire dragon.
Mythology: Ajaikpada is viewed as a form of Shiva, and a vehicle for the transport of Agni (fire), representing the cleansing spiritual power of fire. Ajaikapada is the unicorn, related to Rudra god of storms.
Indications: This is a transformational nakshatra where they will sacrifice themselves for a higher cause, to make a difference in the world. There is a passionate nature, a bit extreme and indulgent. The symbol of the man with two faces can refer to looking to the past and the future possibly at the time of death, or can mean someone who has a dark side they conceal from the world, or just two faced. Fearful, nervous, and angry they can be very cynical. Their lives sometimes are filled with sadness and problems. They must be careful of accidents and injuries. They are radicals and non-conformist, who have excellent speaking abilities to sway the masses, regardless of the consequences.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are usually of medium height and build, and have broad cheek bones and red lips. One of the identifying characteristics of these natives is that the position of the ankle is unusually high.
2. Character and general events: These natives are usually straight-forward and sanguine in nature, but can erupt in anger if pushed too far. They have high principles, and are inclined to suffer a great deal emotionally, as they tend to take even the smallest criticism or argument to heart. Nevertheless, they are usually impartial when it comes to dealing with arguments between friends, family members or others. They are always ready to help those in distress, but unfortunately their kindness is often repaid by antagonism and enmity. Although these natives usually have a relatively liberal outlook on religion, they have a strong belief in a Supreme Being, and if religious, are serious about their faith. They are also honest and can usually be trusted even if they have fallen on hard times. Although making money is relatively easy for these natives and they tend to end up financially reasonably well-off, even if they did not start that way, material wealth is not the most important thing in their life and they much prefer to gain public respect and recognition. These natives are connoisseurs of fine food and often amaze others by the amount they can eat. They are not slaves to fashion and do not care much as to what they wear, as long as they consider it practical or comfortable.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Those born under this Mansion are quite savvy and know how to strike a bargain, and can achieve success in just about any endeavor. They can be frugal if needed, and are capable of achieving both personal as well as financial independence in their life. They are particularly suited to a career in a government organization, and if they choose this avenue, will benefit from unexpected gains or promotions. Those born under this Mansion can also excel in business, banking, or the Public Service, or can be successful as a teacher, as an actor or writer, as a researcher or an astronomer. If they do work in the Public Service they will tend to gravitate towards some area that deals with money or where money is handled, which may be related to tax or some other aspect of revenue collection.
This native’s best period will more than likely be between 24 and 33 years of age, when there will be ongoing progress in all aspects of his life. Only the occasional mental tension may be a dampener during this time. His golden period will lie between 40 years and 54 years of age, when he will be able to consolidate the fruits of his labors.
4. Family life: These natives rarely gain all the love and affection they need from their mother. This may be because she is involved in a demanding career, or because they are regularly or permanently separated from their mother. On the other hand, they may be proud of their father because of his high moral character and because he has acquired fame in the fine arts, in politics or in literature. Despite this, he may quite often be at odds with his father.
5. Health: Health-wise, things to watch out for with males born under this Mansion are problems with the ribs, flanks and soles of the feet. Other possible problems are hyperacidity, diabetes and stroke.
1. Physical features: Female natives of this Mansion are generally of average build; they are neither slim nor heavy and neither tall nor short. More rarely hey have a very slim figure. Whatever the case may be, these natives are very attractive, if not striking in appearance.
2. Character and general events: Those born under this Mansion are polite, honest and sincere, but will never compromise their high principles. On the other hand, they are usually quite impartial when it comes to dealing with arguments between friends, family members or others. They are very optimistic and born leaders, and are capable of inspiring others towards achievement. Hence they can be very successful in a position of responsibility and authority. They are also honest and can usually be trusted even if their personal financial situation is difficult. Although making money is relatively easy for these natives and they tend to do well for themselves, material wealth is not their main priority in life and respect and recognition by others is much more important for them. Although these natives usually have a relatively liberal outlook on religion, they have a strong belief in a Supreme Being, and if religious, are serious about their faith. While their outlook is quite humanitarian, they are disinclined to help anyone unless they are convinced that kindness and generosity are both deserved and needed.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: The most suitable area of education for these natives usually lies in a scientific or technical field. Thus they are likely to have a career in teaching, accounting, statistics or research.
4. Family life: This native is likely to have a close relationship with her husband and her children. Her children are likely to be of great support for her, especially later in life. If she marries someone who was born under the Mansion of the Red Stag, she will have a relatively large family. Her organizational and administrative talents will also show in her own home.
5. Health: Perspiring feet are often an ongoing problem for females born under this Mansion. There may also be an inherent circulatory weakness leading to low blood pressure, palpitations, edema, swollen ankles or stroke; while enlargement of the liver is also a common problem for them.
Uttara Bhadrapada “the latter happy feet” 3°20 to 16°40 Pisces.
Symbol: twins, back legs of the funeral cot, a snake in the water.
Deity: Ahir Budhyana, the Serpent or “Dragon of the Deep”.
Mythology: Adhir Budhyana is a serpent of the deep waters representing kundalini energy, seclusion and psychic energy. Agni is important here representing the fiery nature and cleansing power of fire.
Indications: The “Warrior Star”, they are disciplined with writing and speaking abilities. They are somewhat like their former twin nakshatra, Purva Bhadrapada but a lot milder, and can control their anger and aggression. There can be a lazy streak. There is wealth usually as a gift or inheritance, usually latter in life. They are cheerful, generous, and self sacrificing. They tend to be extremely protective of their loved ones. They love solitude and seclusion, for they need time to contemplate. They can be incredibly psychic with profound insights. Their depth and wisdom can transcend the ego to the collective consciousness, and seem to have magical powers. They achieve a happy home life and are usually blessed with good children.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are handsome, with an open and honest expression. They have an inherent magnetism and are personalities that can win others over with their disarming smile.
2. Character and general events: These natives are impartial when dealing with others and will treat everyone as equals, irrespective of their status in life; while they are also decent individuals who do not like to cause problems. They seek to acquire knowledge and wisdom and will not hesitate to sacrifice everything for those they love. When addressing people, especially if this is done in a formal setting, they have a special talent for striking a chord with their audience. With their skills they are able to vanquish those that stand in the way of their progress in life.
Their only drawback is their very quick temper. Nevertheless, any temper outburst usually does not last long. But they are at their most dangerous when they, or someone they love has been hurt; they then become like a wounded lion and will strike out to destroy the perpetrators. They like the company of the opposite sex and will, especially in social settings, not be alone if they can help it.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: Those born under this Mansion can achieve mastery in more than one field at the same time and have the ability to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained in practical ways. Thus they will appear knowledgeable and educated to others, even if their education has been limited. These natives often have a deep interest in the fine arts and also have an inherent literary gift that enables them to write extensive articles or books.
Work-wise, they are able to achieve considerable success in their career because of their extraordinary work-capacity and versatility. Laziness is not found in their dictionary and once they decide to undertake a task, they will forge on until its completion. Even if an endeavor ends in failure they do not become despondent but will maintain a positive outlook. In most cases those born under this Mansion, eventually reach a good position in their career, even if they started at a relatively modest level; and if employed by others, will tend to reach the highest positions on offer; their qualities always attract rewards and praise.
These natives usually have to start earning a living at a relatively young 18 or 19 years of age. Stability and progress in life however, only tends to commence after their marriage. There will be important career changes at 19, 21, 28, 30, 35 and 42 years of age.
4. Family life: It is common for these natives to have had to endure a neglected childhood. Although they are full of praise for their father, which may well be because of their father’s strict principles and because he is a prominent figure in society, they themselves rarely get much support from him. As a result, they are in the end likely to choose to live far away from their childhood environment.
This native’s marriage is inclined to be quite happy as the relationship is likely to be very balanced in most aspects. His children will admire him and respect his advice, while the same will also apply to his grandchildren.
5. Health: The health of male natives of this Mansion is generally excellent. They tend not worry over-much about their health, and will only consult a doctor when seriously ill. Potential health problems are: stomach disorders, hernia, hemorrhoids and stroke.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are generally of solid build and of medium height. The eyes are large and prominent.
2. Character and general events: These are decent individuals who do not like to cause problems for others. They are also impartial when dealing with others and will treat everyone as equals, irrespective of their status in life; while they are self-sacrificing and will not hesitate to give their all for those they love. These natives are always eager to acquire knowledge and insight wherever they can, and are eminently adaptable, being able to change as circumstances require. Females born under this Mansion always seem to attract recognition and praise from others because of their qualities.
3. Education, sources of earning/profession: These natives can achieve mastery in more than one field at the time and have the ability to apply their skills and knowledge in practical ways. Thus they will appear educated, even if their education has been limited. Work-wise, they are able to achieve considerable success in their career because of their extraordinary work-capacity and versatility. Laziness is not found in their dictionary and once they decide to undertake a task, they will forge on until its completion. Even if an endeavor ends in failure they do not become despondent but will maintain a positive outlook. As a result, they can advance in life and attain good career positions. These natives may find a suitable career as a lawyer, an arbitrator or negotiator, or as a nurse or doctor.
Those born under this Mansion often have a deep interest in the fine arts and also have an inherent literary gift that enables them to write extensive articles or books.
4. Family life: Those born under this Mansion are always a gift and an asset to their own family and when married, to their husband and children. Her marriage tends to be happy as the relationship is likely to be quite balanced in most aspects. The children of this native will admire her and respect her advice, while the same will also apply to her grandchildren.
5. Health: The health of these natives is generally excellent. They usually do not worry over-much about their health, and will only consult a doctor when seriously ill. Potential health problems for female natives of this Mansion are: acute indigestion, constipation, hernia, rheumatic pains, and in some cases, low grade chronic lung infections.
Revati “the wealthy” 16°40 to 30°00 Pisces.
Symbol: fish, or a pair of fish, a drum to mark time.
Deity: Pushan, the nourisher, the protective deity for safe travel.
Mythology: Pushan was invoked for the protection of flocks and herds and safe travels. He also recovered lost articles and animals.
Indications: This nakshatra indicates a journey, and may in fact represent our final journey from this life to the next, being the last and final nakshatra. It grants protection for safe travels. They are sweet caring responsible loving friends. They nourish and care for others. They have been known to provide foster care for others, children or animals. They have an affinity or love towards small animals. They love humanity and society. They love to be social because they sincerely love connecting to other people. They don`t have a mean or jealous bone in their body. There is a love of fine arts and they can be creative as well. Their caring for others can lead to co-dependency. There may be disappointment early in life, but this developed their compassion and sincere forgiveness of others. They are a bit weak and may be prone to childhood illnesses. They are mystics with complete faith in their beliefs and in the goodness of humanity. With their love of water, they usually benefit from living by the water. There is a deep devotion and faith to God. They are protected in all their travels especially the journey from this world to the next.
1. Physical features: Males born under this Mansion are generally moderately tall, have a symmetrical and muscular physique, and a complexion that is fair relative to their ethnic type.
2. Character and general events: They are soft-spoken, sincere and decent individuals. They have a knack of dealing with people in just about any situation, but do not take much notice of anyone’s opinion, unless persuaded by logic or forced by circumstances to do so. They believe that trust is not an automatic right, but something that should be earned, and therefore do not accept anything on face value, not even from their loved ones. Once they feel they can trust someone however, it is very hard to shake their faith in that person. On the other hand, they can tend to jump to unwarranted conclusions and can also find it difficult to maintain confidences over an extended period of time.
These natives are short tempered and ambitious, and can also be stubborn and inflexible by doggedly sticking to what they consider right. As they are rather independent personalities, they are inclined to become quite upset when something or someone interferes with their way of doing things, and can be totally devastated when their plans do not pan out exactly as desired.
Usually those born under this Mansion have a strong belief in a Supreme Being, and in most cases subscribe to a rather strict and orthodox religious faith. Sometimes they are rather superstitious.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Those born under this Mansion come into this world with a good measure of potential skills and intelligence, and it is therefore not surprising that they are mostly self-made people. They often have an inherent interest in science, history and ancient cultures, and not infrequently achieve renown in one of these fields. They make good physicians, astronomers and even poets; and can achieve outstanding success if employed in the Public Sector. Their down-side is that they have difficulty sticking to a particular field or job for an extended period of time.
They usually do not gain the full fruit of their labors until they are 50 years of age, when their life will tend to be more stable and relatively free from worry. Nevertheless, the period between 23 years and 26 years of age tends to be comparatively good, whereas financial, social and emotional problems are more likely between 26 to 42 years of age. Those born under the Fortunate Lunar Mansion usually settle well away from their native origins, often in a foreign land.
4. Family life: These natives are unlikely to get a great deal of support from their relatives, including their father. Nevertheless, the marriage is likely to be reasonably good, as his spouse will be quite adaptable to his needs and capable of dealing with the vicissitudes of life.
5. Health: Inherent weaknesses can make males born under this Mansion prone to: fevers, intestinal ulcers, dysentery, periodontal disease, and ear problems.
1. Physical features: Females born under this Mansion are very attractive in appearance, even strikingly so. They stand out in the crowd because of their sparkling personality.
2. Character and general events: These natives are rather on the stubborn side and like to lord over others. They usually have a strong belief in a Supreme Being, which in most cases will express itself in an orthodox or mainstream religious faith. Excessive superstition needs to be watched out for, as this can be a problem for them.
3. Education, sources of earnings/profession: Natives of this Mansion are often educated in fields such as the arts, literature, accounting or mathematics. Many work as telephonists, data processors, teachers and company representatives. When the Natal Moon is conjunct with Jupiter, they may become a Government representative in certain cultural or political affairs, or even rise to an ambassadorial post.
4. Family life: Their married life is likely to be happy and harmonious.
5. Health: Inherent weaknesses in female natives of this Mansion can manifest as: deformity of the feet, intestinal ulcers and abdominal disorders, and in some cases as deafness.